Analyst and editor-at-large
Dustin Gouker is an analyst, writer and editor who oversees a network of sites that includes Legal Sports Report. He started writing for LSR starting in 2015, covering the rise of daily fantasy sports led by DraftKings and FanDuel. He was one of the foremost experts on the legal issues surrounding the two companies that cropped around the country and the ensuing wave of legalization efforts around DFS.
He led coverage of the fight to legalize sports betting in the United States and attended the oral arguments at the US Supreme Court in 2017. That case led to the overturning of the federal law that prohibited single-game sports betting outside of Nevada.
He has also led coverage of the rise of legal online casino and poker at LSR’s sister site, Online Poker Report.
Dustin is a longtime journalist who started out writing for his local paper in Hanover, PA, while still in high school. From there he went on to lead his college newspaper at The George Washington University as editor in chief. After college, he joined the Washington Post, where he served in various roles, including writing, copy editing and page design. From there he had editing positions at the DC Examiner, the Kitsap Sun (Washington) and The Bulletin (Oregon).
He’s also been a longtime freelance writer in the gambling space, covering online poker for more than a decade.
Posts by Dustin Gouker:
- Florida Sports Betting Dead For Now After Federal Court Ruling, 22 Nov 2021
- DraftKings Faces SEC Subpoena And IRS Audit, Documents Show, 06 Aug 2021
- It Sounds Like DraftKings Sportsbook Is Coming To Oregon, 26 Feb 2021
- DraftKings Launches Virginia Sportsbook; BetMGM, BetRivers On The Way, 24 Jan 2021
- New Record For Colorado Sports Betting: $230 Million In November Bets, 22 Dec 2020
- A Look Inside The Huge NBC Sports And PointsBet Gambling Deal, 28 Aug 2020
- Illinois Online Sportsbooks Don’t Need To Register Bettors In Person In Reversal By Gov. Pritzker, 21 Aug 2020
- IRS: Daily Fantasy Sports Companies Are Subject To Federal Sports Betting Tax, 13 Aug 2020
- DraftKings Sportsbook, Kambi To Split By Fall 2021; SBTech Will Be New Platform, 23 Jul 2020
- Four Things Congress Could Do On US Sports Betting That Would Actually Be Useful, 22 Jul 2020