Matthew Waters is a reporter for Legal Sports Report. He started covering the gambling industry in 2014, back when sports betting was only happening in Nevada and on parlay cards in Delaware.
Waters focuses on the legal US sports betting industry and reports on everything that entails: monthly revenue reports, legislation to legalize in new states, and the betting partnerships that drive those markets.
Before focusing on sports betting for LSR, Waters was the editor of Fantini’s Gaming Report, which breaks down the gambling industry’s news for investors and gambling executives daily. Prior to that, Waters covered every level of sports from Little League baseball to the pros for multiple newspapers in Delaware and Philadelphia.
Posts by Matthew Waters:
- Three More Operators Apply For Ohio Sports Betting Opening Day, 18 Aug 2022
- BetMGM Partner Entain Hit With Largest-Ever UK Fine For RG Failures, 17 Aug 2022
- Are Covid Changes To Blame For NJ Sports Betting Handle Declines?, 17 Aug 2022
- Positive First Month In DC For FanDuel Despite Retail-Only Offering, 15 Aug 2022
- No Firm Details For Massachusetts Sports Betting Launch After Meeting, 11 Aug 2022
- Abrams Backs Georgia Sports Betting In Push For Governor’s Seat, 11 Aug 2022
- Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill Signed Into Law By Gov. Baker, 10 Aug 2022
- Five Sportsbooks Give $50M More To California Sports Betting Battle, 10 Aug 2022
- Will Regulators Use Carveout To Launch Retail MA Sports Betting?, 09 Aug 2022
- Five Key Takeaways From Rush Street Interactive Earnings, 09 Aug 2022