Matthew Waters is a reporter for Legal Sports Report. He started covering the gambling industry in 2014, back when sports betting was only happening in Nevada and on parlay cards in Delaware.
Waters focuses on the legal US sports betting industry and reports on everything that entails: monthly revenue reports, legislation to legalize in new states, and the betting partnerships that drive those markets.
Before focusing on sports betting for LSR, Waters was the editor of Fantini’s Gaming Report, which breaks down the gambling industry’s news for investors and gambling executives daily. Prior to that, Waters covered every level of sports from Little League baseball to the pros for multiple newspapers in Delaware and Philadelphia.
Posts by Matthew Waters:
- NY Sportsbooks Take $600M In Bets In First 9 Days Of Online Betting, 21 Jan 2022
- VA Sportsbooks Might Become First To Lose Promo Deductions, 21 Jan 2022
- PA Sportsbooks Report Handle, Revenue Drops in December, 21 Jan 2022
- Promised Mobile MS Sports Betting Bill Includes Major Barriers, 20 Jan 2022
- BetMGM To Receive Another $450 Million To Back ‘Continuing Success’, 19 Jan 2022
- Will Connecticut Continue Growth With NY Sports Betting Live?, 19 Jan 2022
- Mobile NY Sports Betting Starts With $150M Bet In First Weekend, 18 Jan 2022
- Washington Sports Betting Case Will Go To Supreme Court, Maverick CEO Says, 18 Jan 2022
- The Week In Sports Betting News: NY Now Has 5 Mobile Sportsbooks, 17 Jan 2022
- New York Set To Add BetMGM Sportsbook On Monday, 14 Jan 2022