Matthew Waters is a reporter for Legal Sports Report. He started covering the gambling industry in 2014, back when sports betting was only happening in Nevada and on parlay cards in Delaware.
Waters focuses on the legal US sports betting industry and reports on everything that entails: monthly revenue reports, legislation to legalize in new states, and the betting partnerships that drive those markets.
Before focusing on sports betting for LSR, Waters was the editor of Fantini’s Gaming Report, which breaks down the gambling industry’s news for investors and gambling executives daily. Prior to that, Waters covered every level of sports from Little League baseball to the pros for multiple newspapers in Delaware and Philadelphia.
Posts by Matthew Waters:
- Proxy SD Sports Betting Leads Two To Lose Gaming Licenses, 04 Oct 2022
- Geolocation Wars? GeoComply Sues Xpoint For Patent Infringement, 04 Oct 2022
- Business By The Books: Who Else Wanted NBC Sports Betting Odds Deal?, 04 Oct 2022
- Prop 27: Understanding The Online California Sports Betting Proposal, 28 Sep 2022
- Prop 26: Understanding The California Sports Betting Tribal Proposal, 28 Sep 2022
- Going Public: PlayUp Valued At $350M In SPAC Transaction, 27 Sep 2022
- Business By The Books: Sports Betting Industry Shift Toward Profitability, Analysts Say, 26 Sep 2022
- Ohio Regulators Working Against The Clock To Launch Sports Betting, 26 Sep 2022
- Which Sportsbook Partners Received Ohio Sports Betting Licenses To Start Jan. 1?, 22 Sep 2022
- Prop 27 Campaign Switching Tactics In CA Sports Betting Push: Report, 21 Sep 2022