The Arizona Department of Gaming announced 18 of the 20 available licenses for AZ sportsbooks despite a potentially delayed launch.
The regulator announced 10 tribal licensees and eight professional sports licensees.
That might not be the case if either of the two lawsuits filed against the ADG lead to a temporary injunction, of course. An ADG spokesperson declined to comment on the lawsuits when contacted by LSR.
What AZ sportsbooks will launch?
While the ADG announced 18 license winners, only 15 AZ sportsbooks partners are known:
- Bally Bet: WNBA‘s Phoenix Mercury.
- Barstool Sportsbook: Phoenix Raceway.
- BetFred: Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation.
- BetMGM: NFL’s Arizona Cardinals. Notably, fellow BetMGM partner Gila River did not receive a license.
- BetRivers: Indoor Football League’s Arizona Rattlers.
- Betway: San Juan Southern Palute Tribe.
- Caesars Sportsbook: MLB‘s Arizona Diamondbacks.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: TPC Scottsdale.
- FanDuel Sportsbook: NBA‘s Phoenix Suns.
- Fubo Gaming: Ak-Chin Indian Community.
- Golden Nugget: Hualapai Tribe.
- SuperBook: Fort Mojave Indian Tribe.
- TwinSpires: Tonto Apache Tribe.
- Unibet: Quechan Tribe.
- WynnBET: San Carlos Apache Tribe.
Whatever sportsbooks are ready can begin signing up bettors on Saturday. That is the same day DFS contests launch in the state.
Some brands still unknown
Four license winners did not announce sportsbook partners by Friday:
- Navajo Nation
- NHL‘s Arizona Coyotes
- Tohono O’odham Nation
Notables missing from AZ sportsbooks announced
Three known partnerships did not make the cut:
- PointsBet is the biggest name to not receive a license. The brand partnered with the Yavapai-Apache Nation (not to be confused with the Yavapai-Prescott suing the ADG.)
- BlueBet missing out on a license is not shocking considering there were six more applicants than licenses available. The company partnered with the Colorado River Indian Tribes for a license but has no US operations or brand.
- MaximBet did not receive a license either. It partnered with the White Mountain Apache Tribe.