Bwin Sportsbook is now live in Ontario. The Las Vegas-based brand offers a strong online sports betting product, with plenty of sports and betting options. It pairs this with competitive odds and a number of site features. Sign up with Bwin Sportsbook to start betting legally in Ontario.
Our Bwin review will walk through all the important aspects of the Ontario online sportsbook. Keep reading to learn about Bwin’s banking options, available sports, customer support and more.
Bwin Sportsbook Ontario sign-up code for October 2022
You don’t need a Bwin Sportsbook code when you create an account at Bwin Ontario. We’ll explain the ins and outs of registering later. For now, here are the basics about the online sportsbook.
|Online Sportsbook||Bwin Sportsbook Ontario|
|Bwin Sportsbook Sign-up Code||None - Click here to register|
|Bwin Ontario Minimum Deposit||$5|
|Bwin Canada Deposit Methods||Google Pay, Apple Pay, MuchBetter, Interac|
|Bwin Sportsbook Best Feature||Build a bet|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
Bwin Ontario launch and partnerships
Bwin Sportsbook went live in Ontario following the province’s online gambling market launched on April 4, 2022. The sportsbook received a license from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario via its subsidiary iGaming Ontario.
In 2016, Entain acquired Bwin, making it a cousin site of BetMGM Sports which is also available in Ontario.
How to sign up at Bwin Ontario Sportsbook
Open Bwin Sportsbook Ontario via one of the links on this page to go to the Ontario site. Then select the registration button to start the Bwin sign-up process and follow the steps below:
- Enter your email address and create a password for your account.
- Fill in your full name, date of birth, citizenship, and occupation.
- Add your address and phone number.
- Select your marketing and contact preferences.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions of the site.
- Click “Create my account.”
Ontario online sportsbooks need to meet specific requirements for each player. To start, all Bwin app users must be 19 or older. You’ll also need to be within provincial borders to place any bets.
When you first sign in to your account, click on Bwin’s pop-up to take you to the verification page. Once there, you will need to provide your full name, age, and address, and verify this information in one of the following ways:
- Liveness check: Take and upload a photo of your ID alongside a selfie to match. This process requires a driving license, ID card, or passport.
- Dual process: Supply a copy of your ID and proof of address to Bwin. The sportsbook will then check the documents against each other.
Downloading Bwin Ontario betting app
Bwin online sportsbook is available on both iOS and Android devices in Ontario. This means you can use the app anywhere within provincial borders. Bwin does not advertise its app on the sportsbook site itself.
This means you’ll want to create an account at Bwin Sportsbook before searching for the app separately. Once you’ve downloaded and installed it, you will be able to sign in to your account on your smartphone or tablet.
Bwin mobile sportsbook works on most Apple and Android devices. Just update your device before getting started. You will also need to allow the app to access your location when you open it. This is to confirm you’re in Ontario.
Best features of Bwin Sportsbook app
Bwin Ontario is a longstanding online sportsbook with plenty of features for bettors in Ontario. Here are three in particular that stood out to us:
- Build a bet: Bwin shares build-a-bet games every day, though the option is available only for select sports. To start, select any available game and add up to 10 picks from it. This is effectively a same-game parlay, where all your selections will need to win to secure your bet.
- Live streaming: Open the in-play betting page, then hit the “Play” button to view the game’s live stream. This is available for select games that are open to live betting, and the video will open in the top-right corner of the screen. This allows you to watch the game while continuing to place live bets – watch out for flashing odds that indicate they’re about to change.
- Favorites: Add certain leagues to your “Favourites” (the site uses Canadian spellings) for faster access. To do this, select your sport, then click on the star button next to any available league. You can access these titles anytime by opening the Favourites tab in the top navigation bar or within the app. If you’re new to sports betting and find the choices available at Bwin to be a little overwhelming, this could be helpful.
Live betting on the Bwin Sportsbook app
You can open the Bwin live betting page at any time using the main menu. Just click “Live” at the top left of the page. Bwin has made it simple to move between sports here. Icons at the top of the page will tell you where to find each available sport.
If you prefer to see all the biggest games for live betting, select “Highlights” in the main menu. You will even see a number next to each sport that tells you how many games are currently open to live betting. Select any of these to get started.
Once you have chosen a sport, the Bwin mobile sports betting app will list every game currently open to betting. Use the drop-down menus at the top of the page to switch between betting options — there are over/unders, halftime lines, and more to choose from.
Click on your odds to add them to your bet slip, but when the odds start to flash, they’re about to change.
Basic bets available on the Bwin app
Bwin Sportsbook Canada covers all the basic bets in detail. You’ll find the options below for betting on most leagues, including the NFL, NBA, NHL and CFL. Here’s how they work:
- Over/unders (totals): Bet on the combined total score of a game. Bwin will set a baseline number, and you can then wager whether the actual total will be over or under that figure.
- Moneylines: Choose the winner of a game by betting on the moneyline. This is one of the most straightforward betting options available.
- Spreads: Place a bet that also incorporates the margin of victory. For example, if a favorite has a spread of -4.5, it will need to win the game by five points or more for spread bets on it to win. Or, if there’s an underdog with a spread of +4.5, spread bets on that team win if the team loses by four points or fewer or wins by any score.
- Live betting: This allows you to wager on games as they play out. For select games, you can live stream them via the Bwin app and website to watch whether your bets win in real time.
- Props: Place side bets on smaller aspects of a game. Player and game props are most popular at Bwin sports betting.
- Parlays: Link two or more selections under one bet to create a parlay. To win your parlay, each selection will need to win individually.
- Futures: Place bets on season-long outcomes by heading into Bwin’s futures page. Popular bets here allow you to choose an eventual title winner or individual players to win awards like MVP.
Single-game parlays at Bwin Ontario betting site
As we mentioned earlier, single-game parlays are known as “bet builders” at Bwin. These are only available for select games — you can open the bet builder page to find a list. Here, you can combine a minimum of two and a maximum of 10 selections. If each selection wins, you will win. If one or more selections lose, your bet will lose.
For example, if you have the Denver Broncos taking on the Seattle Seahawks in Monday Night Football, you might choose to create the following bet builder:
- Russell Wilson, over 262.5 passing yards
- Drew Lock, over 1.5 touchdown passes
- Total under 46.5
- Moneyline on the Broncos to win
If all four of those things happen, you win. If just one of them misses, you lose your entire wager. This bet is heavy in risk, as you’re managing so many potential outcomes, but it can be rewarding if the wager works out in your favor.
How long does it take to settle a winning bet at Bwin?
If your bet at Bwin online betting wins, it will appear in green in your account. You can then check to see if the sportsbook has credited your winnings to your account balance.
Bwin aims to credit funds as quickly as possible, though you may experience short delays with pregame bets while it verifies details. Bwin aims to settle all bets within an hour of the game’s conclusion. For further help, it’s easy to reach the sportsbook’s customer support page.
Player props, team props, and more at Bwin Ontario
Find props on the Bwin sports betting app by accessing your chosen game and navigating the betting options. Here, you will see “Team” and “Player” links. Make your selection to view all wagering choices. Popular team props at Bwin Sportsbook include the following:
- First team to score
- Yes/no to team scoring
- Team to win either half
- Number of goals by team
If you’re looking for specific player props, you might find the following, among many others:
- Player X to score multiple points
- Player X to score and the team to win
- Player X to receive a red card
Bwin has a good list of banking options. Deposits can be for a minimum of $5. The most popular deposit methods are as follows:
- Bank cards (Visa/Mastercard)
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
- Interac E-transfer
- Interac Online
You can start a withdrawal at any time by opening Bwin’s cashier. Many methods are also available for withdrawals, though you will only be able to withdraw onto an account you used to make a deposit. Bwin does not charge fees for withdrawals.
Does Bwin pay instantly?
The cash you request to withdraw should be in your account within five business days once Bwin processes your request. It can take up to two business days to process a withdrawal.
Customer support and responsible gambling
Contact Bwin’s customer support by clicking the help link at any time. If you can’t find the button within the sportsbook’s main menu, the link is in the website’s footer.
The help page is a detailed FAQ that covers payments, betting, offers and plenty more. You can browse through each section or enter keywords into Bwin’s search bar. If the results you find don’t help, you can try the sportsbook’s live chat service.
Bwin’s live chat operators are available around the clock. We found this service to be fast upon testing. It only took a couple of seconds to connect to a representative.
If you need support with gambling responsibly, Bwin can help. You can set limits on your account upon registration to help manage your play, but several other tools are available as well.
You can temporarily pause your account or permanently close it at any time by visiting the responsible gambling section. It’s also easy to access Ontario resources and contacts for gambling addiction using this page.