DraftKings Sportsbook got its start in New Jersey but has since expanded into Virginia, New Hampshire, Iowa, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Colorado, Illinois, Tennessee and Michigan. More states are certain to join that list over time as DraftKings has plans to continue expanding its platform’s reach throughout the US. Its success is due in large part to its strong mobile sports betting app.
The longtime daily fantasy sports operator focused on a user-friendly interface in its foray into legal sports betting. The app’s betting carousel attempts to simplify the experience for new users looking to place their first wagers.
Olympics Special! - New Customers Bet $1, Win $100 if the U.S. wins any medal! Plus, get our $50 free bet offer and up and 20% bonus up to $1,000 on your first deposit - To Claim Click This Link
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code July 2021
New players to DraftKings can expect to receive two bonus offers worth up to a combined $1,050.
Here’s how the DraftKings Sportsbook bonus works: upon your first deposit, you receive $50 in the form of a free bet. You get this bet regardless of your deposit size (minimum deposit is $5) and you can use that bet anywhere you like in the book.
In addition, that first deposit will receive a 20% match worth as much as $1,000. Those bonus funds clear to your account at a rate of $1 for every $25 in wagers you make.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code:||None - Use Links|
|Total Bonus||Up to $1,050|
|Free Bet||$50 with any deposit|
|Deposit Bonus:||20% up to $1,000|
|Draftkings Sportsbook States:||VA, MI, NJ, PA, CO, IN, WV, NH, IA, IL, & TN|
|DraftKings Sports Offered:||NFL, MLB, NBA, Golf, NHL, MMA|
|Last Verified:||July 30, 2021|
DraftKings Sportsbook features
DraftKings Sportsbook features both an app and browser-based site. You can use it on iPhones, iPads, Android devices, PCs, and Macs.
DraftKings Sportsbook is, above all else, an attempt to streamline sports betting for the mobile space. As a result, there are several features on the app that are alterations from traditional wagering on sporting events.
The first major change is the betting carousel. With so many bets available on DraftKings, the company wanted to make it simpler to find events that the player wants to bet.
The betting carousel is a customized suggestion palette for each DraftKings account. The app either uses a player’s specified preferences or their betting history in daily fantasy sports to generate a series of options most likely to suit the bettor.
One of the most daunting things about a new activity is learning the lingo. Almost every activity has its own terms and language, and sports betting is no exception.
However, with sports betting becoming legal in areas where it has mostly been absent, there are many new players entering the game. Therefore, the DraftKings app simplified various bets and information to more functional and contextual labels.
So, for instance, the traditional moneyline bet still exists on the DraftKings app. However, its label is “who will win,” rather than the more obscure or confusing term.
Variety and flexibility
Almost any type of bet is available on DraftKings Sportsbook. All the typical point spreads, moneylines, totals, and futures bets are there, along with rarer options like alternate lines, in-play bets, and proposition bets.
Every bet on the site features a live ticket system, which allows players to cash out of their bets at almost any time during the contest.
So, if a game is going the bettor’s way, they might be able to collect some or most of the profit on their wager early. The feature would allow players to avoid the chance of some sort of last-second loss.
Even parlay bettors can take advantage of the system. Of course, the payout is less than if the player wins outright, but the amount of the payout automatically adjusts according to the status of the contest(s).
Players can also wager in amounts lower than in a traditional sportsbook. DraftKings will accept wagers as low as $0.10.
One part of the sportsbook that won’t be different is its appearance. DraftKings retained both its black-and-green color scheme and logo throughout the app.
So, players will see the familiar “crowned-D” when they log in for the first time. The app’s design team wanted to reduce friction and difficulty as much as possible in its presentation, even in terms of aesthetics.
Which states is DraftKings legal in?
DraftKings Sportsbook has become one of the most popular online sports betting platforms since expanding beyond daily fantasy sports. The online sportsbook is offered in multiple states around the US: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado, Tennessee, Michigan, Virginia and Illinois.
DraftKings online sportsbook locations:
- DraftKings Sportsbook in NJ: DraftKings made its online sports betting debut in New Jersey in August 2018. It went live in the Garden State with a mobile license from Resorts Atlantic City. DraftKings also has a retail sportsbook at this NJ location.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in WV: The online sportsbook then went live in West Virginia in September 2018. DraftKings’ partner in the Mountain State is the Hollywood Casino in Charles Town. The operator features a retail book there, too.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in PA: DraftKings Pennsylvania released in November 2019. It partnered with The Meadows Casino in Washington, PA. This location also has a land-based DraftKings Sportsbook.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in NH: DraftKings New Hampshire launched in late December 2019. The online sports betting app has an exclusive contract in the state and is the only mobile operator available. There aren’t any retail books open yet; however, six cities within the state have already approved hosting one.
- DraftKings Sportsbook IA: Iowa was the next state up for a DraftKings launch. It went live in February 2020 thanks to a deal with Wild Rose Casinos and Resorts. There are three Wild Rose Casinos, located in Clinton, Jefferson, and Emmetsburg. Each location includes a retail DraftKings.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in CO: Colorado was next up for the online sportsbook. It launched in CO in May 2020 with a partnership with Mardi Gras Casino. The casino in Black Hawk also features a land-based DraftKings Sportsbook.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in IL: DraftKings expanded to Illinois in August 2020. It launched in the state thanks to its partnership with Casino Queen, located in East St. Louis. The Casino Queen includes a retail DraftKings. New users in Illinois must visit the retail book to complete their registration process.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in IN: DraftKings Indiana launched in October 2020. It joined the state through a deal with Penn National Gaming and the Ameristar Casino Hotel in East Chicago. There is a retail DraftKings Sportsbook at this location, too.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in TN: The DraftKings sportsbook app in Tennessee is a stand-alone product, as no land-based partners are required in Tennessee. It launched on November 1, 2020.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in MI: DraftKings has already announced its land-based partner in advance of Michigan online gambling going live. The sportsbook app launched on January 22, 2021 in partnership with the Bay Mills Resort & Casino in Brimley
- DraftKings Sportsbook in VA: DraftKings became the second online sportsbook operator in Virginia when it went live on January 24, 2021. There are no land-based partners in Virginia, all wagering occurs within the DraftKings mobile app.
As far as banking goes, you are able to both withdraw and deposit funds onto your mobile DraftKings account at any of the retail locations.
The same rules apply for most states where DraftKings is legal; however, there are some exceptions. In New Jersey, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Illinois, you can’t wager on any in-state colleges.
Iowa and Tennessee also have restrictions on college wagering. While wagers on teams are permitted, neither state allows individual proposition bets on college athletes.
Creating an account at DraftKings Sportsbook
Creating an account on DraftKings Sportsbook is an easy process. To join, new players will be required to provide some information:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security number
Along with this, customers will need to create a username and password for the online sportsbook. Also, they will have to answer a few security questions.
Registration eligibility at DraftKings Sportsbook
Generally speaking, there is only one standing rule about registering for a DraftKings account. Only players who are 21 or older are able to do so.
The only exceptions are determined by state law. For instance, some New Jersey individuals who have jobs based around sporting events are prohibited from joining DraftKings. So, players, coaches, trainers, and referees are not permitted to gamble on the online sportsbook.
Similarly, there are specific casino employees who are not allowed to use DraftKings Sportsbook. If you believe that you may have a disqualifying job, check with your employer, DraftKings, or your state’s gaming authority to get clarification.
For Illinois players
Illinois has also decided to enact in-person registration for online sports betting. This means before you can use the app you need to visit the DraftKings at Casino Queen retail sportsbook. 200 Front Street, East St. Louis. You only need to do this once, after you have completed the process you can use the app anywhere in-state.
Can you link your DraftKings Sportsbook and DFS accounts?
Yes, you can. If you already have an account on the fantasy sports site, DraftKings makes it easy to link your accounts. Once you’ve downloaded the app, there is an option under “account” to link your two accounts.
The sportsbook platform is right on the website, and easy to access.
The DFS app/site and Sportsbook app/site share a common wallet, to a certain extent. You can deposit at DraftKings DFS, and then move money to Sportsbook, once you have played through it once (i.e. if you deposit $100, you have to play in $100 worth of contests in order to move it to Sportsbook). So it’s not quite seamless.
Using the DraftKings Sportsbook app
The experience of using the app to bet on sports is intuitive, whether you are an experienced sports bettor or not. Draftkings Sportsbook offers an iOS app for iPhones and iPads as well as an Android app.
The app is quick and responsive, and you can easily place any bet you want with a few touches.
The app, in its early days, has suffered a bit on the geolocation side, as it tries to determine if you are inside New Jersey. If you’re on a device that is using cellular data only, geolocation has been slow or impossible, depending on timing. Being connected to WiFi definitely speeds up the process.
The sportsbook makes its money through the commission it charges on bets. This commission is also known as the vigorish, or “vig,” for short. DraftKings’ odds have its sportsbook charging more vig than bookmakers traditionally do at Nevada or European sportsbooks, so it’s been a source of consternation for experienced bettors.
DraftKings Sportsbook app for Android
If you want to download the app for an Android device like Samsung Galaxy, you do it directly through the DraftKings site. It is not in the Google Play store.
Once you download and install it, however, it works just like any other Android app. You have to turn on location services in order to use the app in your state of choice.
DraftKings Sportsbook app for iPhone and iPad
DraftKings is available — find the link here — for iOS devices like iPhones and iPads.
The app has been well-reviewed by users since its inception.
Again, you must allow your phone to detect your location while using the DraftKings Sportsbook app, otherwise, you won’t be able to access DraftKings, no matter which state you’re in.
While you must be 17 to download the app, you have to be 21 to deposit and bet.
Depositing and withdrawing at DraftKings
DraftKings also provides flexibility for moving money around the online sportsbook. Right now, there are a few options for depositing:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Bank transfer
- Play+ Prepaid
- PayNearMe (7-Eleven, Family Dollar, CVS)
Residents in some states may also be able to deposit into their accounts through the casino cage at DraftKings’ in-state partner. For instance, New Jersey residents can visit the cashier at Resorts Atlantic City to fund their accounts.
This option is not offered in all states, so you may want to double check with DraftKings or the casino. Here are the partner locations for all of DraftKings’ areas of service:
- New Jersey: Resorts Atlantic City, at 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Pennsylvania: The Meadows Casino, at 210 Racetrack Rd, Washington, PA 15301
- West Virginia: Hollywood Casino at 750 Hollywood Dr, Charles Town, WV 25414
- Iowa: Wild Rose in Jefferson, IA /Wild Rose in Emmetsburg, IA/Wild Rose in Clinton, IA
- Indiana: Ameristar East Chicago at 777 Aldis Ave, East Chicago, IN 46312
- New Hampshire: There is no cash at the cage option for this state.
- Colorado: Mardi Gras Casino, at 300 Main St, Black Hawk, CO 80422. Cash at cage currently not available here.
- Illinois: DraftKings at Casino Queen, at 200 S Front St, East St Louis, IL 62201
- Tennessee: Online sportsbooks do not have land-based partners in Tennessee, so there is no cash at cage location.
- Michigan: Bay Mills Resort & Casino at 11386 W Lakeshore Dr, Brimley, MI 49715
- Virginia: Online sportsbooks do not have land-based partners in Virginia.
DraftKings also offers the following options for withdrawals:
- Casino cage
Please note that PayPal withdrawals are likely only available if you made your initial deposit with PayPal. Also, please consult with your state’s land-based casino before traveling if you’re planning on making a cage pick-up. Their willingness to assist may vary from state to state.
What kinds of bets can you make at DraftKings?
Even with DraftKings’ concerted effort to make sports betting more accessible, the prospect of placing real-money wagers on sports contests can be quite intimidating to new players. So, here are brief explanations of each type of betting.
Betting on a point spread is the most common type of bet sports bettors make. A sportsbook will simply determine that one team will defeat another by a specific number of points (or runs or goals or whatever).
Bettors wager that either the team picked to win will exceed that number, or that the team picked to lose will do so by less than that number. If the underdog loses by less than the number or wins outright, the team is said to have “covered” the spread.
Moneyline (or ‘Who Will Win’)
As its DraftKings title implies, the bettor is simply betting on the eventual winner of the contest. The margin of victory is irrelevant to the bet.
Instead, the sportsbook establishes different payouts based upon its perception of which team will win. The favored team will have a negative three digit number next to it, and the underdog will (usually) have a positive number next to it.
This type of bet is easier to understand if we use an example. So, let’s say the Seattle Seahawks are playing the Cleveland Browns this Sunday.
The given moneylines for that game look something like this:
SEA: – 165
So… if you wanted to bet on the Seahawks, you’d have to put up $165 to receive a $100 payout. By contrast, if you bet on the Browns, you would receive $145 for every $100 you bet.
Another common type of sports bet is totals bets. These bets are often referred to as the “over/under,” due to the nature of the bet.
The sportsbook will declare how many points will be scored in a given contest by both teams. Gamblers will then wager on whether they believe that number to be too low or too high.
If they bet that the number is too high, they are said to have bet the “under.” Conversely, if the number seems too low, bettors will take the “over.”
A futures bet is a wager that some sort of longer term event will occur. Common futures bets include wagers that a given team will win its league championship, or that a particular athlete will achieve a specified performance goal.
Proposition betting, or prop bets, are wagers on events ancillary to the given sporting contest. Prop bets tend to focus on micro-events, like whether a player will hit a home run in a game or not.
In-play betting is betting that occurs during the event itself. Players can often bet on the outcome of a particular quarter.
In fact, the DraftKings app breaks down in-game events to almost a granular level. Bets could be available on events as small as what kind of pitch will a pitcher throw next, or what kind of football play will occur on the next play.
The live ticket system mentioned above effectively makes all bets on DraftKings an in-play wager. You can convert your bet to a payout at any point during the contest.
By providing so many options, DraftKings allows its players the freedom to place any bet they wish. While some betting types are reasonably straightforward, others require more knowledge.
DraftKings gives its customers a sports betting guide that gets into the specifics for every sport available. There are even short videos featuring former NBA star Charles Barkley, where he provides the basics about certain bet types.
One of the more popular forms of betting on DraftKings is through live, in-play wagering. Players no longer have to put in bets before games begin, opening up a lot of possibilities with in-game bets.
DraftKings has multiple live betting markets for almost every single game, in every sport.
One betting option that separates DraftKings from others in the US market is the “Pools” category.
Players are eligible to join organized pools for a fixed rate. These can range from NFL pick ’em for a single week, or the entire season. There’s a college football pick ’em pool as well.
What sports can you bet on at DraftKings Sportsbook?
If it’s a sport that Americans watch with any amount of regularity, it’s probably going to be available at DraftKings:
- NFL betting
- College football betting
- NBA betting
- College basketball betting
- NHL betting
- MLB betting
- Golf betting
- Tennis betting
- Combat sports betting
- NASCAR (and other motorsports) betting
- Soccer betting
What bets will DraftKings not take?
Restricted bets will depend upon the state in question. Each state has its own rules, so these are the types of bets that you will not find on DraftKings:
- Betting on high school sporting events is not permitted in any state.
- Betting across state lines is not allowed and violates state and federal law.
- New Jersey
- You may not bet upon collegiate events that occur within the borders of New Jersey
- There can be no betting upon New Jersey colleges, most notably Princeton and Rutgers
- No betting on non-sports events, like the Oscars or elections, is allowed.
- No wagering on esports
- Live betting is limited and data sources are subject to gaming board review
- No proposition betting (including live betting) in in-state college teams
- New Hampshire
- No betting on in-state collegiate events
- Esports betting is not permitted
- No individual proposition bets on college athletes
- No wagering on any in-state colleges
Obviously, as other states bring online wagering to its public, there will be some variations. However, rules like the prohibition on high school events or the geolocation requirement.