FanDuel sportsbook is available to Ontario users, under regulatory approval from iGaming Ontario. You can sign up with FanDuel Sportsbook Ontario right now.
FanDuel offers impressive features, a clean and user-friendly interface, and a competitive set of bets and odds that make it one of the stronger options in legal Ontario sports betting. Keep reading for a more in-depth look.
FanDuel Sportsbook Ontario sign-up code for May 2023
You don’t need to enter a FanDuel sign-up code when registering with FanDuel Ontario. Just head to the site, create an account, and you’ll be ready.
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Ontario|
|FanDuel Ontario Sign Up Code||None needed – Click here to sign up|
|FanDuel Ontario Minimum Deposit||$10|
|FanDuel Ontario Deposit Methods||Interac e-Transfer, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal|
|FanDuel Ontario Best Feature||User interface, betting lines|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
FanDuel Ontario launch and partnerships
FanDuel launched in Ontario on April 4, 2022, after operating as one of North America’s top daily fantasy sports and online sportsbook platforms for some time. It received a license from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (through its subsidiary iGaming Ontario) to do so.
FanDuel also inked a partnership deal with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which owns the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Argonauts, Toronto Raptors, and Toronto FC.
How to sign up at FanDuel Ontario Sportsbook
Creating an account at FanDuel Ontario is a simple and relatively quick process. Follow these steps, and you’ll be ready to go shortly:
- Follow a link on this page to the FanDuel website.
- Click the join button to begin creating an account.
- Fill in your personal information, like your name and email address.
- Create a password, and if you want, set up two-factor authentication.
- Select a method of depositing funds that works for you, and make the first deposit into your account.
After you’ve completed the process, your account will be ready to use. You can browse the available bets and add any you like to your slip. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll also be able to download the FanDuel Sportsbook app.
FanDuel will verify your identity at a few points during the signup process. Signing up will verify your identity to ensure you are of legal age to bet and that you are not on any self-exclusion lists. Moreover, anytime you use the app, you’ll have to have geolocation enabled so the app can verify that you are within Ontario.
On top of that, you can opt-in to two-factor authentication, which will require you to verify your identity via email or phone every time you log in. This can be a useful security feature, in addition to setting a strong password that only you can access.
Downloading the FanDuel Ontario betting app
If mobile betting is your thing, FanDuel has a strong sportsbook app, one of the better ones in the business. The interface is sleek and modern, and the app is simple to use. You can place your bets quickly, and the layout and mechanics work well. On top of that, the speed makes for a good live betting experience. Here’s how to download it for Android or iOS:
- Head to the FanDuel online sportsbook site via mobile browser.
- Scroll down to the footer and select either “Sportsbook (iOS)” or “Sportsbook (Android)” under the “FanDuel Apps” header.
- This will take you to the appropriate spot on the App Store or Google Play Store, and you can get the app from there.
- Open the app and log in to start betting.
Best features at the FanDuel Ontario betting site
While there are certainly many high-end online sportsbooks available in Ontario, we count FanDuel among the best. Here are our top three features at FanDuel Ontario Sportsbook:
Website and app interface
For a smooth betting experience, you will want to sign up with a sportsbook with a user interface that works reliably and that you enjoy using. No matter what platform you’re using for betting, FanDuel delivers that high-quality experience.
The software and design are both excellent, and both of its platforms process bets and update quickly. If you’re betting on live games, the app will keep you up to date. FanDuel online betting excels when it comes to its mobile platform. For some sportsbooks, the app appears to be a bit of an afterthought. FanDuel has clearly put a lot of time and thought into the app, which works seamlessly on most devices.
One of the most important differences between sportsbooks is any variances in betting lines. On the whole, FanDuel’s lines compare well against the competition. Overall, FanDuel’s “vig” or “juice” — which is how a sportsbook tilts the odds in its favor to guarantee a profit — is not excessive.
Live betting platform
If you want to bet live, you’ll need an interface that works quickly, updating scores and live odds in time for you to place your in-game wagers. FanDuel seems to understand live bettors’ needs. You’ll find its live betting platform under a dedicated tab on the site and app, with an impressive slate of live betting options. There’s a variety of sports, leagues and games, along with a range of betting options.
FanDuel’s app updates quickly — so long as your connection is good — and didn’t let us down when we were betting in those fast-paced live situations.
Live betting on the FanDuel Sportsbook app
Rather than locking in your bet before the game starts, you’ll wait until the game starts, and you can place bets as the action happens. These kinds of bets use “live odds.” Essentially, they’re odds that fluctuate and respond in real-time to whatever’s happening in the game.
FanDuel offers excellent live betting, as we went over above. You can browse an impressive selection of live options from whatever games are in progress at the moment, and you can place your bets quickly and smoothly. The live betting odds update just about instantly, giving you up-to-the-minute coverage of whatever’s happening.
Basic bets available on the FanDuel Sportsbook app
FanDuel Sportsbook offers a lot of bets. Here’s a quick overview of the main options:
- Moneylines: You place a straightforward bet on the game’s outcome, and if you win, your bet pays out according to the +/- sign and three-digit number next to the bet. For example, if a bet has odds of +130, a winning $100 wager would get you $130 in profit. At odds of -130, meanwhile, it would be a bet of $130 for the potential at $100 in profit.
- Point spreads: You place a bet that takes into account a game’s margin of victory. That means that rather than just betting on the Toronto Raptors to beat the Boston Celtics, you could bet on the Raptors as +6.5 underdogs, which means if Toronto loses by six or fewer points, your bet still wins. For the Celtics at -6.5, meanwhile, they would have to win by at least seven points for your bet to win.
- Totals (over/unders): You place a bet on the total number of points that both sides will combine to score in a game. For example, you could bet that when the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Montreal Canadiens, there will be under 5.5 goals in the game.
- Props: Bet on a smaller aspect within a game. For example, you could bet that the Raptors-Celtics game will go to overtime, or that the Leafs will score first when they play the Canadiens.
- Futures: You place a bet on a longer-term outcome. For example, you could bet on the Ottawa Senators or Maple Leafs to win the Stanley Cup, before the regular season has even started. Odds to win the Stanley Cup are released shortly after the final game.
- Parlays: You place a bet with multiple “legs” — two or more component wagers that all have to be correct for your bet to return a payout. For instance, you could bet that the Raptors will beat the Celtics, that Jayson Tatum will score over 26 points, and that the game will end in regulation.
Single-game parlays at FanDuel Ontario
Single-game parlays, aka SGPs, are parlays where all the component wagers come from the same game. Rather than just picking three moneyline bets from three different games, you choose a combination of spread, total, moneyline, and prop bets from the same game.
For example, in an NHL game between the Leafs and Edmonton Oilers, you could bet that Toronto will score first, Edmonton will win the game and there will be over 6.5 goals.
SGPs add another dimension to watching a game, since you can add many ways to pay attention, like how many penalty minutes a team or player racks up. However, this can be a risky way to play. There’s a reason these offer high payouts, and it’s because it’s tricky to predict that many things correctly about one game.
How long does it take to settle a winning bet at FanDuel?
Settling a bet is fast and easy at FanDuel Ontario. Bets should settle shortly after the game ends, and you can withdraw funds in 24-48 hours, depending on the banking method you choose.
Player props, game props and more at FanDuel
Prop bets are a popular way to wager on games. Here are the main prop categories:
- Player props: Bet on an individual player’s accomplishments. This could be on the number of points a player will score, the number of fouls or penalties or any other individual statistic that your sportsbook allows you to bet on.
- Team props: You could place a wager on whether one of the two teams will win every quarter or period, whether a team will score an empty net goal. These will probably appear as yes/no propositions or over/under bets most of the time.
- Game props: These are prop bets that you place on the wider narrative of the game (though still not the actual score or outcome). You could bet on the total number of receiving yards in a football game or whether the game will go to overtime.
You should have no trouble finding a payment method that works for you at FanDuel online sportsbook. It accepts payments from credit cards like Visa and Mastercard and Interac e-Transfer payments, which should allow you to make deposits from an account with any of the six major Canadian banks. You can also deposit and withdraw via PayPal.
Does FanDuel pay instantly?
While FanDuel doesn’t pay out “instantly,” you certainly shouldn’t have to wait long. Bets should settle fast, and you should be able to collect your payouts in 24 to 48 hours, depending on the payment method you use.
Customer support and responsible gambling
FanDuel Sportsbook offers customer support, with a 24/7 live chat, an email form and a phone line. You can also reach out on Twitter. FanDuel offers a standard set of responsible gambling features, as well, like self-exclusion and limits you can voluntarily place on your account. You must be 19 or older to bet on sports online in Ontario. If your gambling is becoming problematic, contact the Connex Ontario hotline at 1-866-531-2600.