BetMGM Sportsbook is now live in New York as of Monday morning, bringing one of the biggest sportsbooks in the US to the Empire State.
Read on for more on getting started with the NY sports betting app from BetMGM.
BetMGM NY Sportsbook: The basics
BetMGM is the fifth sportsbook to go live in the state, joining BetRivers, Caesars, DraftKings and FanDuel. The launch puts MGM live in time for the final NFL wild-card game on Monday night between the Arizona Cardinals and the Lost Angeles Rams, as well as the remainder of the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl.
You can claim the BetMGM welcome offer — risk-free bets of up to $1,000 — by clicking this link and using the bonus code PLAYBONUS.
BetMGM is the online sports betting app of MGM Resorts International, which runs physical casinos across the country as well as online gambling. MGM has been offering sports betting in Las Vegas for decades, and now you can bet with MGM in more than a dozen states.
The nearly ubiqutous BetMGM commercials featuring Jamie Foxx have made the app well-known with sports fans almost everywhere.
How to get the BetMGM Sportsbook app in New York
Getting started with BetMGM is a straightforward process:
- Click this link to sign up for BetMGM. You’ll need to give information like your name, address, birthday and the last four digits of your Social Security number for identify verification purposes.
- Deposit to claim your risk-free bets of up to $1,000 with bonus code PLAYBONUS.
- Download the app via the links at BetMGM’s site (you can also bet on a browser, but the experience is better on the app.
- Sign in and start wagering/
More on the BetMGM NY bonus code
The welcome promotion BetMGM offers doesn’t have a whole lot of strings attached, but here’s what you should know about it:
- You must deposit a minimum of $10.
- When you make your first bet, a winning bet doesn’t result in anything happening: you just win your bet. The “risk-free” part comes from the free bets you receive if your initial bet loses.
- If you lose your first bet, the free bets will add up to the amount you wagered. So if you bet $1,000, you will get $1,000 in free bets.
- If you bet more than $50, you will get free bets in smaller increments. The five free bets will each equal 20% of the initial wager. For instance, a $1,000 bet that loses will result in five $200 free bets being credited to your account.
- You don’t receive the value of the bet you made with the free bet, just the winnings. So, for a $200 free bet, you don’t get the $200, just any winnings from said bet, if your wager is successful.
- Free bets must be used within seven days.