A special licensing-only meeting for Colorado sports betting applicants will be held Thursday due to a “high volume” of license requests.
The Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission has received 60 total applications as of Tuesday. Those include:
- 32 Master Licenses, or casino licenses
- 18 Internet Operator licenses
- 10 Sports Operator licenses
The commission plans to hold these special meetings on the third Thursday of every month “to make sure everything is ready to go for the May 1 launch date,” Communications Manager Suzanne Karrer said.
Colorado sports betting will open that day but not all operators will launch on May 1.
Colorado sports betting applications up for approval
A total of eight licenses will be up for review Thursday, according to the commission’s agenda:
- Master licenses for Eldorado Resorts‘ Lady Luck and Isle casinos in Black Hawk and Penn National‘s Ameristar casino in Black Hawk.
- A Sports Operator license for DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Internet Operator licenses for DraftKings Sportsbook and theScore Bet.
- A Vendor Major license for theScore Bet.
- A Vendor Minor license for payment provider Global Payments.
Who’s with whom in Colorado
Eldorado’s sports betting partner will be William Hill after the two signed a 25-year sports betting agreement last year.
Penn National kept its primary license in every state after giving signing multiple state-access agreements last summer. That means Colorado could be one of the first states to see its in-house designed, Barstool Sportsbook-branded operations powered by Kambi when the app launches in August.
DraftKings Sportsbook will operate sports betting for Twin River while theScore Bet partnered with Jacobs Entertainment.
Already licensed in Colorado
Four operating companies received seven Master Licenses last month:
- Dostal Alley, Central City
- Double Eagle, Central City
- Monarch Casino, Black Hawk
- Saratoga Casino, Black Hawk
- Triple Crown Casinos, which operates Brass Ass, JP McGills and Midnight Rose in Cripple Creek
Of those seven casinos, there are two confirmed sportsbooks partners so far. PointsBet will operate sports betting for Double Eagle while Betfred will supply Saratoga.
Other Colorado sports wagering partnerships
There are five other Colorado sports betting partnerships formally announced:
- Century Casinos and Circa Sports
- Full House Resorts and its three partners in BetAmerica, Smarkets and Wynn Resorts
- Twin River and FanDuel Sportsbook