This year’s SportTechie’s State Of The Industry (SOTI) conference takes place February 27-28 at Barclays Center in New York.
MLB takes the stage
Keynote speaker for 2019 is Rob Manfred, Commissioner of Major League Baseball (MLB).
The participants in this year’s SOTI are drawn from far and wide across the sports industry, and the one thing they all want to understand is how sports betting changes their worlds.
SOTI’s agenda and speaker lineup suggest they will be in the right place.
SOTI 2019 Agenda
After Manfred’s keynote conversation, the agenda moves swiftly on to “Advances in Sports Betting Technology.”
The issues up for discussion will cover “the salient issues for fans, teams, leagues and vendors, from OTT streaming tech, to data capture and retention.”
Expert panelists are:
- Scott Butera, President of Interactive Gaming at MGM
- Scott Kaufman-Ross, SVP, Head of Fantasy and Gaming at NBA
- Seth Young, CIO at PointsBet
- Moderator: Joe Lemire, Senior Writer at SportTechie
SportTechie’s Athletes Voice series takes the athletes’ perspective on technology.
- Shawn Springs, NFL Pro Bowl CB and Founder & CEO at WindPact
Forecasting the Future
The session will examine the use of biometrics, artificial intelligence and virtual reality. The panelists will discuss their possible effects on training, playing and producing sports.
- Lorin Hamlin, Innovation Partnerships at Under Armour
- Albert Mundet, Head of Innovation Hub at FC Barcelona
- Jasmine Robinson, Director at Causeway Media Partners
- Moderator: Shawn Bryant, Managing Director, Sports at Intel
The Future of Sports Media Consumption and Production
New technologies such as streaming, OTT and digital media changed the way fans consume sports programming. Massive shifts in the sports content industry have ramifications for the future of live sports.
- TJ Adeshola, Head of U.S. Sports Partnerships at Twitter
- Shaka Arnon, Head of Business Development at WSC Sports Technologies
- Zach Leonsis, SVP, Strategic Initiatives & General Manager at Monumental Sports & Entertainment
- Moderator: Rich Greenfield, Media Futurist at BTIG Research
Quick Hitter – “Sport at the Service of Humanity”
What executives at teams, leagues and brands need to know about environmental sustainability in sport, from energy use to waste management, water conservation and food services.
- Allen Hershkowitz, Environmental Science Advisor at NY Yankees
Gamification of Sports Consumption
How technology in the digital realm informs decisions on the field and at the venue in traditional sports, and vice versa.
- Sohrab Farudi, CEO at Fan Controlled Football League
- Noah Syken, VP, Global Sponsorships (Sports and Entertainment) at IBM
- Gillian Zucker, President of Business Operations at Los Angeles Clippers
- Moderator: Cynthia Frelund, Predictive Analytics Expert at NFL Network
Quick Hitter – The interactive nature of Twitch
How does the unpredictability of shared viewer interaction resonate with a certain audience? How does that compare with the traditional sports viewing experience and how are content producers adjusting?
- Jane Weedon, Director of Business Development at Twitch
Tracking Athletes 2.0
From wearables to cameras, an endless array of information is being generated: internal versus external, personal versus positional, biometrics versus biomechanics.
- Will Ahmed, Founder & CEO at WHOOP
- Ryan Kaplan, VP of Business Content and Operations at FanDuel
- David Lehanski, SVP, Business Development and Innovation at NHL
- Moderator: Marques Colston, NFL Super Bowl Champ and Founder at Dynasty Digital
Registration is open (last year attendance was by invitation only) and full details are available at the SportTechie website.