William Hill Sportsbook — one of the largest sportsbook operators in the United Kingdom — is now available within the United States.
William Hill has already opened physical sportsbook locations in Nevada, New Jersey, West Virginia, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Mississippi, Michigan, and Rhode Island. The company has also launched its sports betting app and/or online sportsbook in Virginia, New Jersey, West Virginia, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Nevada.
This list of states is only going to grow. William Hill has already indicated that it plans to enter Tennessee in the near future.
So, here is a handy guide for everything William Hill is doing in the era of sports betting in the United States.
William Hill Promo Codes for February 2021
If you’re here looking for the William Hill Sportsbook bonus, you’re in luck. William Hill offers a risk free bet for new depositing players.
When you sign up and deposit, use William Hill promo code LEGALRF. This gives you up to a $2,021 risk free bet on your first wager on the site.
|Online Sportsbook||William Hill||William Hill (Illinois only)|
|William Hill Promo Code:||LEGALRF||LEGAL300|
|William Hill Bonus:||Up to $500 risk free bet||Up to $300 risk-free bet on first wager|
|Bonus available on Mobile?||Yes||Yes|
|Last Verified:||February 26, 2021||February 26, 2021|
How the William Hill risk-free bet works
After signing up and depositing using promo code LEGALRF, simply go ahead and make a wager. If you win that bet, you’ll receive the profits as usual. If the bet is unsuccessful, William Hill will refund the entire amount (to a maximum of $2,021) in the form of a free bet.
Remember this only applies to your first bet, and if you receive a free bet you must use it within 7 days. So consider your initial bet amount carefully!
Where is William Hill legal?
William Hill is a massive brand in the gambling industry, and it continues to get larger. Outside of Nevada, it offers its online sportsbook in Virginia, New Jersey, Iowa, Michigan, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, and Colorado.
The online sportsbook intends on expanding even more soon, with Tennessee and Pennsylvania two likely candidates.
William Hill online sportsbook locations:
- William Hill Online Sportsbook NJ. William Hill New Jersey launched in September 2018 through a partnership between the online sportsbook and Monmouth Park. The race track is in Oceanport, and the online sportsbook includes a retail sportsbook at this location. William Hill also has other retail sportsbooks all over Atlantic City.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook CO. William Hill Colorado launched in September 2020. It has a deal with the Isle Casino in Black Hawk. William Hill also features a retail sportsbook at this location, which opened in July 2020. The online sportsbook has an additional land-based book at Lady Luck Casino in the same town.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook IL. William Hill Illinois also went live in September 2020. The sports betting app agreed to a deal with the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The Illinois casino features a William Hill retail book.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook WV. William Hill likewise joined the West Virginia online sports betting market in September 2020. The online sportsbook had already been partners with the Mountaineer Casino, located in New Cumberland. It’s offered retail sports betting since November 2019.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook IN. William Hill debuted in Indiana in 2019. It has retail book at its land-based partner, Tropicana Casino in Evansville.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook IA. William Hill debuted in Iowa in August 2019. It has a partnership with several casinos in the state, including the Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Altoona. William Hill has a retail book at this casino and three others in the state.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook MI. In Michigan, William Hill is partners with the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians. They launched on January 22, 2021.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook VA. February 3, 2021, was launch day for William Hill in Virginia. Regulated sportsbooks in state do not have land-based partners, and all betting happens within the William Hill iOS or Android app.
- William Hill Online Sportsbook TN. Tennessee sportsbooks are also expected to launch in a matter of weeks. Land-based partners are not required here, we’ll be watching to see if William Hill participates in the initial launch.
Bettors in New Jersey, Illinois, and Virginia cannot bet on colleges located in their state.
As far as other rules, Iowa and Tennessee so far prohibit any wagers, such as proposition bets, on any individual college athletes.
William Hill sportsbook app
William Hill’s sports betting app allows bettors to install a native app on their iPhone/iPad or Android devices. Whether you are running iOS or Android, just head to the William Hill sportsbook in the browser of your mobile device and follow the directions to download the app.
Players are only able to use the sportsbook app to place wagers while within one of the states where William Hill is operating. While you can download the app from elsewhere, you will not be able to bet from another state.
Creating a new account at William Hill
Because of William Hill’s extensive experience in Europe, the company has ironed out its online sign-up process.
Online, the homepage features a click-through to a simple sign-up form that explains how new enrollees can verify their age and identity. In some states, this involves a government-issued ID as well as the last four digits of one’s Social Security number.
Signing up through the mobile app is just as straightforward. You simply download the app, fill out the online form, then use the app to scan both sides of your driver’s license or other photo identification.
Once your identity is confirmed, and you’ve made a deposit, the account should be ready for use.
Making deposits and withdrawals at William Hill
The options for deposit:
- Credit/debit cards (Visa and Mastercard)
- ACH (e-check)
- William Hill Prepaid Card
- Cash at a William Hill Sportsbook location in your state
Cash at Cage locations for William Hill:
- New Jersey: Monmouth Park, Oceanport; and in Atlantic City: Harrah’s, Ocean Casino, Wild Wild West, and Tropicana
- Iowa: Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino, Altoona; Isle Casino Hotel, Bettendorf; Isle Casino Hotel, Waterloo; Lakeside Hotel Casino, Osceola
- Colorado: While there are retail WH sportsbooks in state, at this time you cannot load your online account at them
- Illinois: Grand Victoria Casino, 250 S Grove Ave, Elgin
- West Virginia: Mountaineer Casino, 1420 Mountaineer Cir, New Cumberland
- Indiana: Tropicana Casino, 421 NW Riverside Drive, Evansville
- Michigan: Cash at cage may be available at Turtle Creek Casino, 7741 M-72, Williamsburg
- Virginia: There are no land-based partners or retail sportsbooks in Virginia, so no cash at cage in-state
William Hill also has over 100 retail sportsbooks in the state of Nevada, as well as others in Florida, Indiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and the Bahamas.
- William Hill Prepaid Card
- Cash at a William Hill Sportsbook location in your state
Types of bets at William Hill
Straight bets are the bread and butter of sports wagering, and they are likely to remain so at William Hill. Those include spreads, moneylines, totals, and futures.
As with the company’s current brick-and-mortar sportsbooks, bettors are allowed to play:
- Parlays: A bet combining two more other wagers
- Proposition bets: Individual or team outcomes that happen within a selected event
- Teasers: A wager that shifts the point spread in one direction or another.
- Round robins: A bet combining multiple parlays.
The popularity of futures bets means that players can also expect to see a full complement of them. This naturally includes the most anticipated date on the American sports calendar: the Super Bowl.
In-play wagering at William Hill
Due to its worldwide popularity, in-play wagering — or bets that take place after an event has started — has become a standard online offering.
William Hill offers an extensive list of in-play bets each and every day. Unless otherwise restricted by state law, you will be able to take advantage of hundreds of betting options each time you log onto the WH sportsbook app.
Frequently asked questions about William Hill
Are there age requirements?
Yes. You must be at least 21 years old to create a William Hill account or place a bet through its website or app.
Are there residency requirements?
No. You do not need to be a resident of the state where you want to play. Any player of legal age within the state lines may play.
William Hill Nevada
William Hill’s offering in Nevada is a bit different from its versions in other states. Nevada state law requires in-person registration, and no state has had more time to develop its sports betting industry. So, the pathway that William Hill has taken in the Silver State is quite unique.
William Hill acquired American Wagering Inc. in 2011. That was its first entry into the US gaming market.
William Hill offers more betting shops than any other Nevada company. There are more than 100 William Hill betting shops and kiosks in the state.
William Hill uses a proprietary mobile app. It is licensed to South Point and its affiliated books. The two platforms are independent in terms of odds and banking.
Types of bets available on William Hill sportsbook app in Nevada
William Hill’s mobile betting apps offer most of the same bets that are available in its land-based shops. The favorite among serious bettors is straight bets. This is a wager on a single event or outcome. Point spreads, moneylines, and totals are the most common straight wagers.
William Hill offers many of its parlay and teaser cards on the app. Players may make parlays and teasers off the board. All prop and futures wagers are also spread on the mobile app.
William Hill’s in-play wagering is a perfect fit for the mobile app. This form of betting involves games already in action. Players watching the game from a sportsbook may still want to make in-play wagers through the mobile app to avoid quick price changes and queues at the betting window. William Hill offers more in-play wagers than any other sportsbook in Nevada.
William Hill Nevada deposit options
There are three ways to make a deposit into a William Hill mobile account.
Cash is accepted at all William Hill sportsbooks in Nevada. A courier will drive to any Nevada home or office to process a cash deposit of at least $500. William Hill has kiosks in dozens of Nevada taverns that accept cash.
Players may use a rewards card from the bar’s video poker machines or manually punch in the account number to make the deposit on a kiosk. PTs and taverns that use Golden Gaming as its slot vendor host these mobile deposit centers.
These kiosks once accepted sports bets directly. The Nevada Legislature outlawed this in 2013. Full-service casinos may still use William Hill’s kiosks.
Gold Strike in Jean, also referred to as Terrible’s Roadhouse is an example of an unrestricted casino licensee without a betting window that still uses kiosks to accept bets.
William Hill Nevada withdrawal options
The only way to withdraw from the William Hill mobile app is by cash at a betting shop.
The only exception to this is at the handful of full-service casinos that have kiosks instead of a live betting window. Mobile app customers can make withdrawals at the casino cage at these establishments.
The William Hill mobile app account number and a valid photo ID are required to make a withdrawal.
Players were once able to withdraw up to $500 at PT’s Pubs. The 2013 law that banned sports betting kiosks also put an end to this cash-out option.
William Hill Nevada Sportsbook locations
William Hill has more betting shops than any other Nevada sports betting company. There are more than 70 casinos with William Hill affiliation.
SLS Las Vegas and Casino Royale are the only two on the Las Vegas Strip. William Hill operates downtown Las Vegas sportsbooks at Plaza, Binion’s, 4Queens, Downtown Grand and The D.
It is also the operator of books in nearly every other gaming jurisdiction in Nevada, including Primm, Jean, Tahoe, Mesquite, West Wendover, Reno, Carson City and Pahrump.
Advantages of using William Hill Nevada sports betting app
The biggest advantage of using the William Hill sports betting app is its number of deposit locations. Most Nevadans live within a few miles of a William Hill Sportsbook or mobile deposit kiosk.
This includes taverns with deposit kiosks throughout the west side of the Las Vegas Valley that is mostly void of casinos and betting shops.
The William Hill app is reliable with an extensive menu of betting options. William Hill’s in-play betting offers action on all NFL games and nearly any other professional and college event.
The house edge on its futures bets is among the lowest in Nevada. William Hill’s prop betting house edge is also on the lower side of average.
William Hill’s app offers a major advantage over the Miomni one that is used by Boyd Gaming, Aliante Casino, Westgate, and Wynn. The William Hill app works over wireless internet. It does not require bettors to turn off wireless to make a wager. This can be annoying for bettors looking to make a quick wager.
The $2 minimum bet is the lowest available on any Nevada app. This includes straight bets and exotics. The 10 percent, up to $50, deposit bonus is another great feature offered by William Hill.
Disadvantages William Hill sports app has over competitors
The only way to withdraw from the William Hill app is to visit one of the company’s betting shops. This is not a problem for most Nevadans since William Hill operates dozens of sportsbooks in the state.
This most inconveniences residents on the west side of Las Vegas due to the lack of William Hill sportsbooks in that half of the metro area.
William Hill’s app is not compatible with Cricket phone customers. It is impossible for these mobile users to make a wager at William Hill. Those players may still see the betting line.