Betly sign-up bonus terms and conditions
To claim the welcome bonus at Betly, once you’ve created your account, select the “$250 Instant Repay First Bet” option when making your first deposit.
With the promotion in effect, if your first bet at Betly loses, you’ll receive a refund of equal value to your original stake in the form of a single bet that you can use at the sportsbook. Here are the main terms to keep in mind:
- The bonus is only available to new users.
- You must be of legal age to bet in your state to sign up.
- If your first bet wins, you receive no promotion.
- Your first wager must be for $10 or more at odds of -250 or higher.
- You cannot combine the promotion with other offers.
- The bonus bet will expire after seven days if you don’t wager it.
Deposit required. Bonus bet amount excluded from returns. Terms and conditions, time limits and exclusions apply.
Betly Sportsbook promotions
In addition to the welcome bonus, Betly offers its returning customers a selection of promotions on a rotating basis. To view them, either click on the promotions tab or look under “Betly Offers” (“MVGBet Offers” in Ohio) in the sports menu. Here are some of the promotions you might see:
- Parlay Power-Up: Parlays of three legs or more at odds of -250 or higher will qualify for boosted odds. Look for the “>>” sign to know that the power-up is in effect. The more legs in the parlay, the more Betly will boost your potential payout, but of course then your parlay becomes more difficult to win.
- Profit boosts: Betly will have a selection of profit boosts available, which you can use to multiply your winnings on eligible wagers. When you head to the promotions menu from the Betly main menu, you can click on the profit boosts option to view the boosts that are currently available. For example, you could see a 20% boost on any winning three-team parlays or a 25% boost on any live wagers placed on the NBA All-Star Game.
- Odds boosts: When you select the odds boosts option from the promotions menu, you’ll find what Betly has available for current sporting events. The events will appear alongside a deadline by which you must use them and the amount of the boost. For example, you might see a boost on Texas, Kansas State and TCU all winning their basketball games, taking the odds from +165 to +200.
- Limited-time event promos: As new events roll around, Betly will publish one-time promos to go along with the action. This could be anything from bet insurance to a bonus bet, and if you click on the promo, it will specify the terms and conditions. For instance, leading up to March Madness, Betly might offer some insurance if you place a bet on the eventual winner of the tournament.
Betly Sportsbook welcome bonus for December 2023
|Online Sportsbook||Betly Sportsbook|
|Betly Promo Code||None needed|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $250|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
The welcome bonus at Betly is a refund in the form of a bonus bet if your first bet loses, up to a maximum of $250. Once you set up your account, you’ll need to opt in to the promotion when you make your first deposit, and then place a bet for $10 or more at odds of -250 or higher. If that bet loses, you’ll receive the refund.
Must be 21 or older and present in Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia or Arkansas. Terms and conditions apply. Gambling problem? Call or text your state problem gambling helpline.
Is Betly Sportsbook legal?
Yes, Betly is legal in every state in which it operates. That means it holds a license from the relevant gambling authorities and is subject to regulation and oversight.
So far, Betly has a presence in four states: Arkansas, West Virginia, Tennessee, and Ohio. In Ohio, Betly operates as MVGBet, since its license to operate is tied to Miami Valley Gaming. If it adds new states to its lineup in the future, it will do so as a legal and licensed sportsbook there, as well.
How does Betly compare to other legal sportsbooks?
Despite being a smaller sportsbook, Betly offers a variety of sports on which to wager, and it provides some decent bonuses to both new and existing customers. These are the top features that we noted in our Betly Sportsbook review:
- Robust range of sports and betting options.
- Regular rotation of profit and odds boosts for regular customers.
- User-friendly interface on both desktop and mobile sites.
How to sign up for a Betly Sportsbook account
To sign up for an account at Betly, head to the sportsbook’s website and select your state. Then, click the registration button in the top-right corner of your screen. This will redirect you to the registration form, which you can fill out with your personal information to create an account.
You might need to verify your identity so that Betly can ensure that you are eligible to sign up, which may include providing proof of address or all or a portion of your Social Security number.
How to bet at Betly
Whether you’re using the Betly website or app, you’ll see a selection of featured betting options on the homepage. To browse other options, use the menus on the left. These will include trending options, with a full list of all available sports below. You can also tab to the right to view live options.
If you see a bet that you want to place, clicking on it will add it to your bet slip. There, you can edit your wager amount and view your potential winnings. You can also turn your wager into a parlay by clicking on another bet from the menu to add it to your selection.
When you’re satisfied with your wager, just click to confirm and place it. Your bet should settle just moments after the event in question happens. You can check your bet slip at any time to view your pending or past wagers.
What bets can you place at Betly?
Betly provides all the standard betting options you would expect at an online sportsbook, including the following:
|Moneylines||A bet on the Cleveland Cavaliers to beat the Toronto Raptors, regardless of by how much.|
|Spreads||A bet on the Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) to beat the Baltimore Ravens by four or more points.|
|Over/unders (totals)||A bet on the Houston Astros and New York Yankees to combine for at least nine runs in their game.|
|Props||A side bet on a smaller aspect of the game. For instance: will Joe Burrow throw over three touchdowns, Kevin Durant score at least 25 points, Aaron Judge hit a home run of the Celtics-Cavaliers game go to overtime?|
|Parlays||A bet where you combine multiple wagers on a single slip. All of the component bets (known as “legs”) have to be correct for you to win, but the potential payout is higher.|
In general, Betly odds are competitive, though it will vary depending on what sport or event you’re looking to wager on. There are no specific sports where Betly excels against the competition.
Overall, Betly does a solid job of keeping the lines tight, meaning you’re not overpaying for your bets. Though some larger sportsbooks like DraftKings or BetMGM may tend to beat Betly’s odds pricing, you can always sign up for a Betly account so that you can shop the lines for the best available odds on your wagers.
Betly online betting platform review
Betly sports betting does well in a few areas, chief among them its regular promotions. With daily odds boosts, daily profit boosts, and some event-specific promotions, there’s generally something available.
Betly sports app also offers a strong set of betting options, with a variety of North American and international sports. You can even find some niche options, like darts or motorbike racing.
Although Betly has only received a handful of reviews of its app, it has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Adding bets, editing your wager amount and placing a bet is easy to accomplish with a few clicks.
Top three things we liked
- Variety of sports available.
- Regular promotions and boosts.
- Welcome bonus if your first bet loses.
Things we didn’t like
- No live chat for customer support.
- Limited deposit and withdrawal options.
Betly Sportsbook Ohio
For all intents and purposes, Betly Sportsbook is live and legal in Ohio. However, Betly uses a different name and separate branding in the Buckeye State: MVGBet Ohio.
This is because of Betly’s licensing arrangement in Ohio. Betly is licensed through a partnership with Miami Valley Gaming, a racino located in Lebanon, Ohio (midway between Dayton and Cincinnati). This partnership allows Betly (as MVGBet) to offer an online betting platform, while the Miami Valley racino has applied to offer retail betting at its facility, which currently has live horse racing and casino games.
Betly’s parent company, Delaware North, also operates the Betly Sportsbook in West Virginia, Arkansas, and Tennessee. After Ohio passed its sports betting bill, Betly received a license to operate in the state from the Ohio Casino Control Commission and began accepting online bets on the MVGBet website and app in January 2023.
Banking options at Betly
With a limited suite of cashiering methods, banking is an area where Betly struggles compared to its peers. At the moment, you can only add money to your account using a Play+ card or cash at eligible retail locations. Play+ and cash are also the only available choices for withdrawing at this time.
With many peer sportsbooks offering credit card, debit card, bank transfer, e-wallet, prepaid and other options, Betly may need to broaden its available choices in the future.
How to get help at Betly
Betly offers a few options for customers seeking assistance. While there is no online live chat, bettors can reach out for support using either email ([email protected]) or phone (304-238-2267). You can also use Twitter, @betlysports. While useful, this suite of options is somewhat limited, and the addition of a live chat would be a plus.
Betly Sportsbook FAQ
You don’t need a code to claim the welcome bonus at Betly. Once you create an account and opt in to the promo, your first bet is eligible for the bonus. See above for details.
Yes, Betly has a license in all four of the states where it operates. That means that the relevant gambling authorities have vetted it for customer safety and security, and if you have any issues, you will have an option to reach out to. This is not the case with offshore or unlicensed sportsbooks, which are not beholden to the same restrictions and oversight.
No. To wager at Betly, you must be within state lines in one of the four states in which Betly is licensed (Arkansas, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia). Using a VPN to try to bypass this could result in a ban.
Yes. To build a parlay, simply click on your desired bet, then click on another one to begin building. You can continue to add legs by clicking additional bets. You can also check to see if Betly is offering one of its regular parlay bonuses under the promotions menu.