UP TO $50 BET ON FOX BET
DISCLAIMER: FOX Bet Sportsbook was permanently shut down in July 2023. Here is a list of the best online sportsbooks that you can sign up with in September 2023 .
Best online sportsbooks in September
FOX Bet was formed with a partnership between The Stars Group (parent company of PokerStars) and the media giant, FOX. The two sides came together in May 2019 to help expand legal sports betting in NJ, PA, and across the US.
Although the brand name is new, The Stars Group already had an online sportsbook available. BetStars Sportsbook went live in New Jersey on Sept. 13, 2018. It helped service the Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City.
Resorts and The Stars Group agreed on a deal in August 2018 to expand their partnership to include mobile sports betting.
BetStars officially transitioned to the FOX Bet name on Aug. 31, 2019.
Shortly after becoming available to Garden State bettors, FOX Bet launched an online sportsbook in Pennsylvania. It released on Sept. 4, 2019, with an affiliation to the Mount Airy Casino in Mount Pocono.
FOX Bet Colorado sportsbook launched in May of 2020, in partnership with Eldorado who owns the Isle Black Hawk and Lady Luck Casinos in the state. There is no retail book in Colorado, the sportsbook is purely online.
FOX Bet launched in Michigan in January of 2021, in partnership with the Odawa Casino Resort in Petoskey.
The app is available to download in both states for Apple and Android devices.
Where is FOX Bet expanding to next?
Let’s take a look at a few possible landing spots for the next FOX Bet Sportsbook.
New York online sports betting will be up and running by late 2021 or early 2022 at the latest. It does not appear likely that FOX Bet will be part of the initial launch in the Empire State. Nine operators were recommended for sports betting licenses by the NY State Gaming Commission and FOX Bet was not one of them.
Louisiana should launch online sports betting in the first quarter of 2022. Whether FOX Bet is part of the initial launch is yet to be determined.
Louisiana sports bettors have some unique geofencing issues to deal with. Mobile sports betting is allowed in 55 parishes that voted in favor of it. But, online betting is not allowed in any of the nine parishes that voted against it. Those parishes are Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union and Winn. The FOX Bet app and website use geolocation software to monitor users’ locales, as long as you are not in one of those nine parishes you’ll be allowed to bet.
It’s looking more and more likely that 2022 will finally be the year when mobile sports betting gets up and running in Maryland. Residents voted in favor of legalizing sportsbooks back in the November 2020 election in the Old Line State, but now it’s September 2023 and bettors in MD are still waiting. Whether online sportsbooks like FOX Bet launch in early or late 2022 (or somewhere in between) remains to be seen.
FOX Bet Rewards
FOX Bet Sportsbook provides its players with a loyalty program based around The Stars Group’s existing rewards system.
With Stars Rewards, customers earn points for placing wagers on the sportsbook.
Betting more often and for more significant amounts gives players more points, which helps unlock chests. These chests contain rewards ranging from bonus bets, specials, and even game tickets.
By accumulating more points and chests, gamblers can upgrade their rewards level, which unlocks better prizes. Players must win 10 chests in a rolling 28-day period to upgrade to bigger chests.
FOX Bet even provides specific challenges to bettors that include exclusive rewards. All of the Stars Rewards information and progress are available under the “My Stars” tab on the FOX Bet app.
The loyalty program is the same in both states and should continue to remain constant as FOX Bet expands into other markets across the country.
Besides the welcome offers that FOX Bet provides its new players, bettors using the online sportsbook have a couple of other promotions available.
FOX Bet’s most common promotion running is based around different bet boosts, or odds boosts.
A bet boost on the online sportsbook means that FOX Bet is giving its customers special enhanced odds for specific games or sporting events.
What sets FOX Bet apart from other sportsbooks giving odds boosts is how it chooses which games are listed. Instead of including local games or the top sporting events, Fox Bet picks its bet boosts based on what some FOX Sports analysts have decided.
Depending on which day of the week it is, a different FOX Sports personality determines the daily boost based on their bet selection. There is a bet boost every single day, including two on the weekends.
The only other variation of FOX Bet promotion is called “Thursday’s Can’t Lose.” With this insurance promo, FOX Bet players are eligible to receive up to $25 back in bonus bets if the custom wager placed that day by FOX Cousin Sal loses.
Promotions are a great way to generate added interest and excitement for an online sportsbook. FOX Bet will probably expand its offerings in both NJ and PA going forward.
Sign up at FOX Bet Sportsbook
Signing up for FOX Bet Sportsbook is a quick and easy process.
To create an account, players must provide some essential information that the majority of online sportsbooks require to join.
Players must provide their:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security number
Bettors will also have to create a unique username and password they’ll use to log on to the online sportsbook each time. New users will also need to create a few security questions, too.
Bettors do not need a photo ID to create an account.
The sign-up process is the same in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Registration eligibility at FOX Bet Sportsbook
The eligibility requirements are basically the same in NJ, PA, MI and CO.
Anyone 21 years or older is legally permitted to create an account with FOX Bet. However, players must be within the respective state’s borders to place a wager.
Whether players are accessing FOX Bet through their desktop computer or using the mobile app, the online sportsbook will require geolocation to ping where they are. Those who are outside one of the legal states will not be allowed to wager on FOX Bet.
There are other restrictions for specific individuals whose jobs can potentially affect the outcome of sporting events. People who are athletes, coaches, trainers, and officials are not allowed to gamble via FOX Bet Sportsbook.
Beyond sports titles, some who work in the casino industry who are banned from using certain gambling platforms may not use FOX Bet as well.
Where is FOX Bet sportsbook legal?
FOX Bet Sportsbook is another online betting app looking to expand in the US. Right now, it is available in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Colorado. FOX Bet is also be looking to debut in Tennessee and Virginia, with other states likely to follow in due time.
FOX Bet online sportsbook locations:
- FOX Bet in New Jersey. FOX Bet’s first online sportsbook went live in the Garden State in August 2019. The online betting app was originally released in NJ at an earlier time under the name BetStars. FOX Bet launched in the state with a partnership with Resorts Atlantic City. The online sportsbook doesn’t include a retail book at this location.
- FOX Bet in Pennsylvania. FOX Bet Pennsylvania went live in September 2019. It debuted in PA with a deal with Mount Airy Casino in Mount Pocono. The online sportsbook also has a retail location there.
- FOX Bet in Colorado. FOX Bet Colorado started accepting wagers in May 2020. It partnered with Eldorado Resorts to launch in CO. The company owns the Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk, as well as Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk. Again, there isn’t a retail FOX Bet at either location.
- FOX Bet in Michigan. FOX Bet Michigan was among the first group of operators to go live when regulated online gambling launched in-state in January 2021. The online sportsbook got in on the action thanks to a partnership with Odawa Casino in Petoskey.
- FOX Bet in Tennessee. Online sports betting launched in Tennessee on November 1, 2020, but as of yet FOX Bet is not live in the state. If and when FOX Bet launched in the Volunteer State we’ll tell you all about it.
- FOX Bet in Virginia. Virginia’s launch of regulated sportsbooks is expected sooner than later. We will update if/when FOX Bet is live in state.
- FOX Bet in New York. New York sportsbook came online in January 2022. FOX Bet was not on the first list of operators that were recommended for licenses, but that does not mean FOX Bet couldn’t be granted a license down the road.
- FOX Bet in Louisiana. Louisiana is expected to debut online sports betting in 2022. There is no word as to whether FOX Bet will open its sportsbook at that time or not.
- FOX Bet in Maryland. Mobile sports betting debuted in Maryland in November 2022. FOX Bet was not among those to launch at the start and there’s no word whether the online sportsbook will come online in the Old Line State.
Some specific betting rules apply to certain states. In New Jersey and Virginia, you are not allowed to place bets of any sort on in-state colleges. While Tennessee does allow bets on teams in the state, it does restrict the college market more than the pros. For instance, you won’t be able to wager on any individual college athletes, such as with prop bets.
FOX Bet app
The mobile sports betting app is available for Android and iOS users. These dedicated mobile apps allow sports betting enthusiasts to place a vast selection of bets while within New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Colorado.
However, that’s not all. The FOX Bet sports betting mobile app also allows bettors to manage their accounts without having to visit the desktop counterpart.
- Making deposits and withdrawals
- Claim promotions and bonuses
- Live stream sports and give players control of live betting opportunities
The FOX Bet iOS app is available to download directly from Apple’s App Store, while FOX Bet’s Android app is available for download directly from the FOX Bet website.
Players using Android will need to download a .apk file to gain access to the FOX Bet mobile app.
How do I make a FOX Bet account on my mobile device?
Here are the steps for creating a FOX Bet mobile account.
- Visit FOX Bet on your smartphone or tablet.
- Scroll down a little to find the download links.
- Tap on the “Download on the App Store” button (for iOS) or tap on the “Get our Android App” button (for Android).
- Follow the prompts that appear on your screen to download and install the app. It hardly takes a few minutes.
- Make your first deposit
- Start placing bets in the app and win some serious money.
Betting on sports at FOX Bet
You can look forward to placing bets on all major sporting events in the US and Canada, as well as international sporting events. On the FOX Bet sports betting site, you can take advantage of traditional bets as well as in-play and futures betting opportunities.
Here’s a partial list of the sporting events that are available on the FOX Bet site:
- Basketball: You can look forward to betting opportunities on all NBA basketball games during the regular season and playoffs as well as college basketball games.
- Baseball: You can take advantage of betting opportunities for college baseball games, all MLB baseball games including the World Series.
- Football: You can place an assortment of wagers on the NFL regular season, playoffs, and the Super Bowl. There is a wide range of betting markets on college football games.
- Hockey: If you’re interested in placing bets during the NHL season, you will be pleased to know that FOX Bet covers all the betting markets imaginable to keep even the most avid bettor satisfied.
- Soccer: As a soccer fanatic, you will appreciate all the leagues at FOX Bet. This includes Bundesliga, English Premier League, MLS, La Liga, Champions League, and the World Cup.
- Auto racing: FOX Bet covers all major racing events on the site, including Formula 1 and NASCAR, just to mention but a few.
- Golf: With the remarkable comeback to form from Tiger Woods, it should come as no surprise that FOX Bet features all major golf tournaments, including The Masters.
- Fighting: You can enjoy some ring-side action by placing a bet on your favorite fights during the season, including MMA, UFC, and even boxing.
- Tennis: Place a wide variety of bets on Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams, or Roger Federer in every tennis tournament going forward with FOX Bet.
- Cricket: The Cricket World Cup is on our doorstep. You should make the FOX Bet sportsbook the No. 1 destination to catch all the action live while placing bets on your favorite team to win the tournament.
Apart from the sporting events mentioned above, players will also be able to place bets on a range of other sports, such as Aussie rules and rugby, especially with the World Cup around the corner, along with less popular sports to provide a comprehensive sports package for bettors in New Jersey.
Betting markets at FOX Bet Sportsbook
FOX Bet has a wide selection of betting options at its online sportsbooks. With such a diverse selection of sporting events to choose from, it’s only natural that FOX Bet comes equipped with an extraordinary selection of betting markets to match.
FOX Bet players can place bets on individual markets, groups of games, and futures.
- Single match bets: There are a total of three betting options that fall under the single match bet category, including point spreads, moneyline, and totals. You can use totals to bet on a combined score for both teams, while moneyline betting focuses on the outright winner of a match. Point spread betting will contribute a figure to the underdogs to level the playing field of a match.
- Multiple match bets: Two of the most common multiple match bet options include parlays (accumulators) and teasers. You will need to place a minimum of two separate bets on one betting slip for it to be considered a parlay or teaser. You should keep in mind that all bets within a parlay need to be correct to be a winner.
- Futures or specials: Futures betting is popular on all major sporting events, allowing you to bet on the league or championship winner before the regular seasons get underway. There are also prop bets that fall under the specials category that will allow you to place bets on an individual player or the team to score first as opposed to the results of the match.
These betting markets are available on the FOX Bet sportsbook and the FOX Bet mobile version of the site.
Deposit options at FOX Bet online sportsbook
You can make deposits and withdrawals in two ways. If you have downloaded the poker software client and are playing real money poker games online, you can use the balance in your poker account to place sports bets at FOX Bet. In this case, you can make deposits and withdrawals within your desktop poker client.
You can also make deposits and withdrawals on the move through your mobile cashier. To do so, you only have to visit the cashier on your mobile device, choose a banking method, and either load your account or request payout.
At FOX Bet CO, NJ, and PA, customers can deposit in the following ways:
- Instant e-checks
- PokerStars Play+ card
- PayNearMe (at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and CVS stores)
- PokerStars instant online banking
FOX Bet also understands that one of the best ways to stand out is to offer a wide range of withdrawal methods. It also ensures that payments process within 24 hours.
The list of possible payment methods available on the site include:
- ACH or e-check
- Cash at the cage
- Prepaid card
Cash at Cage
An easy and efficient way to deposit or withdraw to your account can be using the cashier at the land-based partner. This isn’t available in all states, but is a good option if you are in the vicinity of one of the locations:
- New Jersey: Resorts Casino, 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City
- Pennsylvania: Mount Airy Casino,312 Woodland Rd, Mt Pocono
- Colorado: Not available this time
- Michigan: Check with customer service if cash at cage is available at Odawa Casino Resort, 1760 Leards Road, Petoskey
Should you ever experience a problem on your account, or you wish to learn more about a specific promotion or bonus, you will be pleased to know that FOX Bet online sports betting site has professional support available around the clock.
The customer support desk at FOX Bet is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through several contact channels, including telephone and email.
You can also take advantage of the FAQ section on the site, answering all common questions that range from account registration to making your first withdrawal.
FOX Bet Sportsbook FAQ
You don’t need a FOX Bet promo code to claim the No. 1 FOX Bet Sportsbook welcome bonus. Join FOX Bet here to get a first bet on FOX Bet for up to $50.
The switch happened on August 31, 2019. The partnership between FOX Bet and the Stars Group was announced earlier in 2019.
FOX paid a staggering $236 million to receive a 4.99% stake in The Stars Group and will have the opportunity to acquire a maximum of 50% of the Stars Group in 10 years. The current deal could last 25 years.
As part of the agreement, FOX Sports will provide an exclusive license to The Stars Group, allowing them to utilize certain trademarks of FOX Sports when it comes to online wagering. On the other hand, FOX Sports will receive software integration, brand license, a minimum advertising commitment, and affiliate fees.
The partnership covers the entire US market.
The two companies have plans to launch two betting platforms under the FOX Bet umbrella.
The first platform is a free-to-play, nationwide game that awards cash prizes and bonuses to players who can correctly predict outcomes of specific games.
The second platform gives players the ability to place bets on a variety of sporting events in legal sports betting states through a comprehensive online sportsbook.
Yes, you can. You can bet in the FOX Bet app and play at PokerStars and PokerStars Casino apps with one account. If you win prizes in any of the above three apps, you can use your winnings to play at the other apps.
The growth of FOX Bet Sportsbook
Despite having a new name in the sports betting world, FOX Bet has ties to two of the biggest companies in both sports and gambling. The Stars Group, the owner of PokerStars, and media outlet FOX, teamed up to bring a new product to the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Colorado markets.
Although the name changed to FOX Bet, The Stars Group has had an online sportsbook active in NJ for longer. BetStars Sportsbook launched in September 2018 and helped service the land-based Resorts Atlantic City.
FOX Bet expanded its online sportsbook and since 2019 is available in PA as well. The mobile betting app released in the Keystone State on Sept. 4 and services the Mount Airy Casino. FOX Bet is the fifth online sportsbook available in PA.
Colorado became the third US FOX Bet sportsbook location in May of 2020. It launched in partnership with Eldorado, which owns Colorado casinos Isle Black Hawk and Lady Luck.
The FOX Bet Michigan launch — in partnership with the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians and their Odawa Casino Resort in Petoskey — occurred in January of 2021.
Now that it’s debuted in four states and is slated to be available soon in Tennessee and Virginia, it won’t be surprising to see FOX Bet expand even further in the near future.