FanDuel Sportsbook is now available in the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee and Colorado sports betting markets. FanDuel is also preparing to launch its online sportsbook in Michigan and Virginia soon.
The company that made its brand through daily fantasy sports moved into the legal sports betting industry in July 2018. FanDuel partnered with the Meadowlands Racetrack in East Rutherford, NJ, to bring a retail sportsbook to the Garden State.
Its online sportsbook launched in NJ for both iOS and Android in Sept. 2018. Since debuting, it has been the leader in the NJ market in terms of generating revenue.
FanDuel Sportsbook in PA released its mobile app in July 2019 and helps service the Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia. FanDuel had been providing a land-based book at Valley Forge since March 2019.
When the online sportsbook became available in Pennsylvania, it became the first sports betting platform offered in both NJ and the Keystone State.
FanDuel helped West Virginia relaunch mobile sports betting in August 2019 through its partnership with The Greenbrier.
FanDuel Sportsbook in Indiana launched in October 2019, and the Colorado book came online next in May 2020.
FanDuel Online Sportsbook in Illinois launched in August 2020. They are partners with the Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino.
FanDuel Online Sportsbook in Iowa launched in September 2020. To finalize your account setup within Iowa, you need to visit FanDuel’s state partner, Diamond Jo Casino to register in person.
And FanDuel Online Sportsbook in Tennessee was among the first sportsbooks to go live when Tennessee launched legal sports betting, on November 1, 2020.
FanDuel was acquired by European bookmaker Paddy Power Betfair, now Flutter Entertainment, in 2018.
Here is everything you should know about FanDuel Sportsbook in NJ, PA, WV, IN, IL, IA, TN and CO.
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code for December 2020
|Fanduel Sportsbook Promo Code:||None - Use Links|
|Betting Bonus:||$1,000 risk-free bet|
|Fanduel Sportsbook States:||NJ, PA, IN, WV, CO, TN, IA & IL|
|Fanduel Sports Offered:||NFL, MLB, NBA, Golf, NHL, MMA|
|Last Verified:||December 2, 2020|
When you make your first bet at FanDuel Sportsbook after depositing with our exclusive link, FanDuel will give you a $1,000 risk-free bet. That means you will receive up to a $1,000 refund if you lose your first real-money sports wager.
Return to Sports Promo – $100 Risk Free First 24 Hours Back
- For existing FanDuel bettors: Bets up to $100 risk-free if you end up net negative on the first day back betting
- For new FanDuel bettors: the first bet triggers a $1,000 risk-free bet and begins daily clock for risk-free $100. If you end up net-negative on the day you’ll get up to $100 back in vouchers plus up to $1,000 if the first bet is lost.
Signing up at FanDuel Sportsbook
Joining FanDuel Sportsbook is just about the same in NJ, PA, IN, WV, IL, IA, TN and CO. It’s a very simple process and only takes a minute to complete. To register for the online sportsbook, you’ll be required to provide the following information:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social security number
New customers will also have to create a username and password they’ll use to sign in to the sportsbook each time. Bettors will need to enter two security questions as well.
A photo ID is not required to sign up in either state.
FanDuel Sportsbook app
Thanks to the company’s history with daily fantasy sports, FanDuel and Flutter have plenty of mobile gaming experience, which is evident in their new sportsbook app available for both iOS (iPhones and iPads) and Android.
The first thing players will notice – and appreciate – is how closely the mobile pages mirror those on the desktop site. The homepage comes with easy-to-use shortcuts that take the user to their sport of choice – NFL, college football, baseball, etc.
There are also three tabs linked to three tables of games – Popular, Live, and Upcoming – so whether a player is looking to bet with the masses, see what’s happening at the moment, or look ahead to a future event, it’s all easy to find.
FanDuel’s mobile sportsbook also allows users to register directly through the app.
Registration eligibility at FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel Sportsbook has similar eligibility requirements in all the states where it operates. Technically, anyone over the age of 21 may register for an account. However, you must be physically located in the respective state in order to be able to wager.
The online sportsbook will use geolocation to determine your exact location when trying to access FanDuel. Bettors using their mobile devices must turn on location services, while those using the desktop version have to download a location detection plug-in.
So in order to legally bet at the FanDuel NJ sportsbook, for example, you must be at least 21 years old and within the Garden State while gambling. The same rule holds true for PA, IN, WV, IL, IA, TN and CO FanDuel customers. Bettors must be of age and physically within the relevant state’s borders while making a wager.
There are some restrictions on who is allowed to gamble, too. Certain individuals who have jobs that could potentially influence the result of a sporting event are prohibited from placing sports bets. This includes people like players, coaches, referees, and trainers.
Casino key employees, as well as casino employees banned from wagering in any casino or simulcasting facility, also may not use FanDuel Sportsbook.
New registrants to the Iowa sportsbook must for the time being complete their registration in-person at the Diamond Jo Casino. This requirement is expected to change in 2021.
Where is FanDuel Legal?
Similar to DraftKings, FanDuel is another operator that’s expanded outside of daily fantasy and is now a leader in legal sports betting.
The online sportsbook has grown significantly, launching in many states around the country. Currently, the sports betting app is offered in New Jersey, Indiana, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Colorado, Tennessee, Illinois, and Iowa.
Soon FanDuel will be going live in Michigan and Virginia, too.
FanDuel online sportsbook locations:
- FanDuel Sportsbook in NJ. FanDuel Sportsbook first launched in the New Jersey market in September 2018. It partnered with the Meadowlands Racetrack in East Rutherford. FanDuel features a retail sportsbook at the racetrack.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in PA. FanDuel Pennsylvania was next up. The online sportsbook crossed NJ’s border and went live in PA in July 2019. It joined the state thanks to a partnership with the Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia. FanDuel had opened up its retail sportsbook at the casino a few months earlier, in March 2019.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in WV. West Virginia was the next state to get a FanDuel Sportsbook. It released in the Mountain State in August 2019. The online sportsbook has a deal with a private resort, The Greenbrier, located in White Sulphur Springs. FanDuel also has a brick and mortar sportsbook at The Casino Club at The Greenbrier Resort, which opened a year earlier, in August 2018.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in IN. FanDuel Indiana launched in October 2019. It joined the state through a deal with Belterra Casino Resort in Florence. FanDuel features a retail sportsbook at the Belterra Casino, as well as the Blue Chip Casino in Michigan City. Both land-based books opened their doors in September 2019.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in CO. More recently, FanDuel launched in the Colorado sports betting market in May 2020. It partnered with Twin River Holdings, which owns and operates three casinos in Black Hawk. Specifically, FanDuel has a deal with the Golden Gates Casino; however, it doesn’t have a retail location at this point.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in IL. FanDuel Illinois went live in August 2020. It joined the state through a partnership with the Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino, located in East Peoria. The casino includes a land-based FanDuel Sportsbook.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in IA. The online sports betting app then launched in Iowa in September 2020. FanDuel has a deal in place with the Diamond Jo Worth Casino in Northwood. FanDuel includes a retail sportsbook at the casino in Northwood, along with the Diamond Jo Casino Dubuque.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in TN. Sports betting in Tennessee went live on November 1, 2020. FanDuel was one of three sportsbooks to go live that very day. There are no land-based or retail sportsbooks in Tennessee, but the full FanDuel online sportsbook is available to in-state bettors.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in MI. FanDuel’s online sportsbook isn’t up in Michigan yet, although it does have a partner in the state. The online sportsbook will launch in MI in the near future thanks to a deal with MotorCity Casino in Detroit. FanDuel opened its retail sportsbook at the casino in March 2020.
- FanDuel Sportsbook in VA. Another state expected to have regulated online sportsbooks in the coming months is Viginia. Sportsbetting in state will be via mobile app only.
If you live by any of the retail FanDuel locations, you are permitted to deposit and withdraw funds from the casino cage.
In New Jersey, Virginia, and Illinois, you can’t make wagers involving colleges that reside in the state.
Iowa and Tennessee also restrict betting on college sports more than the pro markets; neither state allows wagers on individual college athletes.
FanDuel Sportsbook loyalty program
FanDuel Sportsbook does not have a rewards program in place for its sportsbook at this time. Currently, FanDuel customers can only acquire FanDuel Players Club points by participating in daily fantasy games.
FanDuel is looking into expanding its loyalty program to include the sportsbook in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee and Colorado. At this time, however, bettors will not earn any rewards points for placing wagers at FanDuel Sportsbook.
Any changes to this will be updated moving forward.
The current promotions running at the FanDuel PA, NJ, IN, WV, IL, IA, TN and CO sportsbooks are the same. It’s quite possible that these will differ moving forward. A lot of online sportsbooks provide promos and odds boosts based on the professional and college teams in their specific region.
For example, during football season FanDuel in NJ could offer enhanced odds for teams like the New York Giants and Jets, while the Fanduel PA sportsbook might be geared more toward the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers. FanDuel CO might offer deals for the Denver Broncos, and FanDuel IN could boost odds for Colts games. FanDuel WV will probably offer some boosts for Mountaineers games, FanDuel IL will likely put its boost behind the Chicago Bears, and Iowa will likely cheer on the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Not all promotions are that specific. Here are some promotions that FanDuel runs:
- Multi-Sport Parlay Insurance
- Daily Odds Boost
- $1,000 Risk Free Bet
We already discussed the up to $1,000 risk-free bet, which is valid for one use when first joining FanDuel. The online sportsbook will refund your account up to $1,000 in site credit if you lose your first wager.
Multi-Sport Parlay Insurance gives money back to bettors as well. If you create a parlay with four or more legs in any sport and it loses by just one, you’re eligible to receive up to $25 back into your account.
Daily Odds Boosts will vary every day. They typically include local teams or major sporting events taking place. Some will be a three-team parlay, while others could involve a player prop. No matter what games are listed, Odds Boosts provide customers improved odds on the lines specifically offered.
Deposits and withdrawals at FanDuel
FanDuel Sportsbook gives its players a variety of ways to deposit and withdraw funds for convenience. The options are the same in all five of FanDuel’s states.
There are various deposit methods available at FanDuel, including the tried-and-true credit card. However, the company issues a warning on their website stating that some credit card companies treat deposits with online gaming companies as a cash advance and may impose additional fees.
The best way to avoid such fees is by using a bank transfer to make deposits.
Deposit methods include:
- Credit/Debit card – Visa or MasterCard
- FanDuel Prepaid card
- ACH (eCheck)
- PayNearMe (available at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and CVS stores)
- Online bank transfer
- Wire transfer
The minimum deposit amount is $10.
Withdrawal options are slightly more limited. If a player deposited with PayPal, they may use the same method to make a withdrawal. Users can withdraw via e-checks sent directly to their bank as long as they provide an account and routing number. FanDuel also supports direct checks, with processing times taking anywhere from five to seven business days.
Withdrawal methods include:
- ACH (eCheck)
- FanDuel Prepaid card
Cash at Cage Options for FanDuel
Many of the land-based partners offer cash at cage as an option to fund or withdraw from your online account. Not all states offer this so you may want to check the availability with FanDuel or the casino.
- New Jersey: Meadowlands Racetrack, 1 Racetrack Drive, East Rutherford, NJ
- Pennsylvania: Valley Forge Casino Resort, 1160 1st Ave, King of Prussia, PA
- West Virginia: The Greenbrier Resort, 101 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs, WV. Cash at cage currently not available here.
- Indiana: Belterra Casino Resort, in Florence, IN and Blue Chip Casino, in Michigan City, IN
- Illinois: Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino, 21 Blackjack Blvd, East Peoria, IL
- Iowa: Diamond Jo Worth Casino, at Northwood, IA, and Dubuque, IA
- Colorado: Golden Gates Casino, 261 Main St, Black Hawk, CO. Cash at cage currently not available here.
- Michigan: MotorCity Casino, 2901 Grand River Ave, Detroit, MI
- Tennessee: Online sportsbooks do not have land-based partners in Tennessee
- Virginia: Online sportsbooks do not have land-based partners in Virginia
Available sports wagers at FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel Sportsbook has plenty of different betting options to choose from in its five service states. The online sportsbook allows customers to place bets in the following ways:
- Round Robin
- Live in-play
- Point spread
FanDuel provides a Bet Guide that gives insight for how to bet every sport offered on the sportsbook. It has detailed information that will help new bettors understand the basics around all of the different bets available and how they’re applied to the variety of markets.
One of the most popular ways to bet through the FanDuel Sportsbook is with live in-game wagering. This style of bet allows players to place a wager on a game even after it has started.
Live betting allows customers to miss the start of a game and still have the opportunity to bet on it. It also lets bettors actually see how a game begins before committing any money.
Since the odds change in real-time based on the current action unfolding in the game, live betting can be a very exciting and interactive way to watch sports.
The Growth of FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel expanded from daily fantasy sports into the regulated legal sports betting market in July 2018. It partnered with the Meadowlands Racetrack to help bring a retail sportsbook to the state of NJ.
Since that time, FanDuel has been continuously growing its sports betting brand. Its online sportsbook launched in the Garden State on Sept. 2018.
In March 2019, FanDuel moved into PA and built another land-based sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino Resort.
The FanDuel PA mobile betting app went live in July 2019. It is the fourth online sportsbook released in the Keystone State.
FanDuel then entered West Virginia with its sports betting app in August 2019. It followed that debut with a launch in Indiana in October 2019. The latest states to come online with a FanDuel Sportsbook are Colorado in May 2020, Illinois in August 2020, Iowa in September 2020, and Tennessee in November 2020.