Ontario bettors looking for a new online sportsbook will find BetRivers is now licensed and live in the province. New customers can sign up and use the BetRivers Sportsbook code LSRRIV to get started.
With good features and a sleek website and mobile interface, there are numerous positives about BetRivers Sportsbook Ontario. We go over what the book offers in full detail below.
BetRivers Sportsbook sign-up code in Ontario 2023
Enter the code LSRRIV when you sign up at BetRivers Ontario.
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Ontario|
|Banking Methods||Visa, Mastercard, Trustly online banking, Interac, PayPal|
|Best Feature||User-friendly interface with easy payment system|
|Last Updated||April 2023|
BetRivers Sportsbook Ontario launch and partnerships
BetRivers Sportsbook went live in Ontario on April 4, 2022, after registering with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and executing an operating agreement with iGaming Ontario. The company’s online casino also is live in the province.
BetRivers is owned by Rush Street Interactive (listed on the New York Stock Exchange as RSI), a leading online gambling company based in the United States. It owns the North American BetRivers branches, along with SugarHouse and RushBet.
How to sign up at BetRivers Ontario Sportsbook
Signing up at BetRivers Ontario is simple. First, go to the BetRivers website and select Ontario as your location. Once you’ve opened the homepage, select where it says “Join now.” You’ll have to input some information, like your name, date of birth, and email. You’ll also set up a password, and this is where you’ll enter the code LSRRIV.
Once you’ve completed this step, hit “Continue” and select a payment method. Use that method to make a deposit into your account. You can now view all the available bets and your bet slip.
BetRivers Ontario offers strong verification processes to help protect your account. When you sign up, BetRivers verifies your identity to make sure that it’s really you creating an account. You’ll have to be 19 or older and physically located in the province to bet at BetRivers Ontario.
Whenever you log in to your BetRivers account, you’ll have to enter the password you created. After three failed attempts, BetRivers will contact your email address with a temporary PIN. BetRivers users can also opt-in to “strong authentication” when first signing up, which will require entering a temporary PIN that you’ll receive via email every time you log in.
Downloading the BetRivers Sportsbook Ontario app
To download the BetRivers app, head to the BetRivers site via a mobile browser, select Ontario as your location and scroll down. Then, select either “Available on the App Store” or “Get it for Android.” This will take you to the correct download page on the iOS App Store or on Google Play.
The app is free, and you can download it from there. You’ll have to have a compatible device and 45 MB of available space. You’ll also have to enable geolocation so the app can verify that you’re in Ontario.
Best sportsbook features at BetRivers Ontario betting site
Here are some of the main areas where BetRivers Sportsbook stood out during our review:
- Easy-to-use interface: For all bettors, but for new bettors especially, there’s almost nothing more important than the user interface. A glitchy, difficult-to-use platform can ruin the experience of online betting. Fortunately, BetRivers delivers a simple, intuitive, and easy-to-use interface. The bet slip is especially straightforward to use — when you select a bet, it automatically appears on your slip, where you can then input your desired stake or desired payout, which can save you doing math.
- Reliable and quick deposits and payouts: You want a sportsbook that accepts and verifies deposits quickly and pays out your winnings without delay. BetRivers does well by this metric via a variety of banking options.
- Stats and tips: At BetRivers Sportsbook, you’ll find that most games have links for stats and tips. Clicking stats opens a new window that breaks down all the major stats and bets for a game. It also has a “Genius Predictor,” where you can select various sliders to see predictions. As for tips, that will tell you how a team has fared of late when it comes to bets like spreads, totals, and moneylines.
Live betting on the BetRivers app
Live betting (or “in-play” betting) refers to wagers that you place after a game starts, with odds that shift depending on what’s happening, how much time is left, etc. The BetRivers app has a dedicated section for live betting, which you can use to view all of the games that you can bet on at the moment.
You can browse the bets, add them to your bet slip, input your stake and place the bet smoothly. This is important because live betting is time-sensitive. and bettors do not want to miss out on favorable live odds or have the book fail to process your bet in time.
Basic bets available at BetRivers Ontario betting app
Here are some of the standard bets that you can place on the BetRivers Sportsbook app:
- Moneylines: Place a bet on which team will win the game outright based on moneyline odds (for instance, bet on the Toronto Blue Jays to win at odds of +150)
- Point spreads: Place a bet on whether a team will cover the spread, meaning whether it will outperform the margin the sportsbook has set for that game. If you bet on the Toronto Raptors at -2.5, say, you would need Toronto to win by at least three points for your bet to win.
- Totals or over/unders: Place a bet on whether the total score by both teams will be over or under a line that the sportsbook sets. For instance, you could bet on over 6.5 goals for an Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens game.
- Futures: Bet on season-long outcomes or what will happen in the postseason, with odds that are often available before the season even starts, like betting that the Buffalo Bills will win the next Super Bowl.
- Parlays: Place a bet with multiple component wagers, or “legs,” which all need to be correct for your bet to win. For instance, say you bet $10 that the Toronto Maple Leafs will beat the New York Rangers, that the New York Rangers will score first and that there will be under 5.5 goals in the game – you would need all three outcomes to occur to win your parlay.
- Props: Various side bets on smaller aspects within a game, like betting that Wayne Simmonds will take under 1.5 penalties.
Same-game parlays at BetRivers Ontario
Another popular way to bet is to place a single-game parlay. This refers to a parlay bet where all the “legs” refer to the same game. That means that for one single game, you might place a bet on one team to win, the final score, a specific player to score and maybe another prop, like the first team to score.
The more legs you add, the higher the potential payout will be. Keep in mind, though, that this is very risky and each added leg makes the overall bet less likely to win — it’s hard to get it all right, so parlay bets can be among the trickiest to win.
Player props, game props and more at BetRivers Ontario
Prop bets, or proposition bets, make up a sizable category of wagers. In general, these are bets on smaller aspects within a game. When it comes to the kinds of prop bets you can place at BetRivers Ontario, there are going to be a few options. Here are the main categories:
- Player props: These depend on the performance of a given player. You might bet on how many goals/touchdowns/points a player will score, how many shots a player will take and so on. Like most props, these often take the form of over/under bets or yes/no propositions.
- Team props: Team props refer to bets on the performance of one of the teams in a game. You might bet on whether one of the two teams will win every quarter of the game, whether a team will score a safety, or whether one of the two hockey teams will score an empty-net goal.
- Game props: Finally, game props refer to bets on specific game situations. You might bet on whether there will be overtime, whether there will be a touchdown in the first quarter, and so on. This is only a small slice of what BetRivers offers, so keep your eyes open for other options, too.
How long does it take to settle a winning bet at BetRivers Ontario?
Once the game is over, your outstanding bets should be graded promptly. After that, it’s just a matter of withdrawing your payout, if you wish. The speed of that will depend on the method that you use, but it shouldn’t take long — likely between 24 and 48 hours.
BetRivers deposit and withdrawal options
At BetRivers, you can use a few payment methods. Visa and Mastercard both work, as does PayPal. You can also use Interac e-transfer, which all of the “big six” Canadian banks provide their customers. Be sure to read the terms and conditions before depositing or withdrawing.
Does BetRivers pay instantly?
No sportsbook pays out instantly, but BetRivers ranks pretty well for payout speed. Depending on your method of payment, BetRivers will usually pay you out your winnings in 1 to 2 days.
Customer support and responsible gambling
You can reach the BetRivers Ontario customer support help center from 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Eastern Time daily. There’s an FAQ, a live chat and email support.
BetRivers also has implemented several responsible gambling features. It ensures that users are of legal age to bet, and that you’re not on any self-exclusion lists. Within BetRivers, you can also set limits on how much you bet or lose, or limit how much time you spend on the app. If you feel your gambling is becoming unsafe, call Ontario’s ConnexOntario problem gambling hotline at 1-866-531-2600.