BetMGM online sportsbook is branching out.
The sports betting operator has launched in several states across the US. Currently, its mobile sports betting app is available in Michigan, Virginia, DC, New Jersey, Nevada, West Virginia, Indiana, Tennessee, Colorado, Iowa and Pennsylvania. More states are expected to follow, with Illinois likely to launch next.
BetMGM Special - Bet $20, Win $100 on any sport or game regardless of your wagers outcome - To Claim Click This Link
BetMGM’s parent company, MGM Resorts International, has been known for its gambling expertise in the US for more than 30 years. The company expanded into the sports betting industry in July 2018 when it partnered with the UK gambling operator, GVC Holdings. The two sides formed a joint venture called Roar Digital in January 2019.
Together, they launched the BetMGM Sportsbook app in the Garden State in August 2018. Also, the online sportsbook helps service the retail-based Borgata Casino in Atlantic City. The West Virginia and Indiana sportsbooks went live in January 2020. Colorado’s version came online in May 2020. Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Iowa were later in 2020, and both Michigan and Virginia arrived in January 2021. District of Columbia arrived in June of 2021, although with some restrictions (outlined further below).
To expand its brand, MGM is partners with several professional sports leagues, the NBA, Major League Baseball, and the NHL.
What is the bonus code for BetMGM Sportsbook?
The BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code is PLAYBONUS. Use this code when signing up to receive an up to $600 risk-free bet.
|BetMGM Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS|
|Risk-free bet||Up to $600|
|Terms||On first wager only|
|BetMGM Sports Bets Offered||NFL, MLB, NBA, Golf, NHL, MMA|
|Legal States||DC, VA, MI, NJ, CO, TN, WV, NV, PA, IN & IA|
|Last Verified:||July 24, 2021|
How does the BetMGM risk-free bet work?
When you create a new account using the BetMGM bonus code PLAYBONUS, you’ll automatically receive a risk-free bet up to $600. It’s a simple process:
- Create your account
- Enter the BetMGM risk-free bet bonus code PLAYBONUS
- Make your first deposit, and your first bet on the site
- If your first bet wins, your winnings will be credited to your account immediately
- If your first bet loses, BetMGM will refund you the amount of your wager up to a maximum of $600 in the form of free bet credits on the site
The size or the wager is up to you, but bear in mind the risk-free offer only applies to your first bet and the maximum refund is $600.
Sign up at BetMGM online sportsbook
Joining BetMGM Sportsbook is a simple process that should only take a few minutes to complete. Like with most online sportsbooks, you must provide some basic information to get started, including:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security number
You must also create a username and password that you’ll use every time you want to access the sportsbook. For security purposes, BetMGM will ask you to provide some security questions to be tied to your account as well.
To finish creating your account, you’ll have to verify that you’re at least 21 years old. You will also need to agree with the terms and conditions of the online sportsbook.
Registration eligibility at BetMGM Sportsbook
The registration process should be the same regardless of the state. Furthermore, the eligibility requirements for BetMGM won’t vary much, whether you’re in Michigan, New Jersey, Nevada, West Virginia, Indiana, Tennessee, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Virginia, DC or Iowa. Mainly, you must be 21 years or older and located within the state in question to use BetMGM online sportsbook.
You are required to be 21 years or old to bet.
One exception is in the state of Nevada, you must complete your registration in person at a BetMGM property. And in DC, you are required to be within two blocks of Nationals Park to place new bets.
BetMGM uses geolocation technology to determine precisely where you are when attempting to bet. Although you may be able to download the app and view odds, you won’t be able to place a wager unless you’re within a legal state’s borders. Bettors don’t need to be residents of the state in which they’re gambling; they only need to be present at the time of wagering.
While most people can legally download and use the BetMGM sports betting app, some people are restricted. Individuals whose professions can affect the outcome of a sporting event cannot bet, which include players, coaches, trainers, and officials. Also, certain casino employees are not permitted to use the online sportsbook.
Download the BetMGM Sportsbook app
BetMGM is available for download for both Apple and Android users.
The online sportsbook is the same on both platforms. After you’ve created your account, simply go to the Sportsbook homepage and follow the links to download the app directly to your device.
BetMGM rewards program
MGM offers the MLife Rewards loyalty program. You can earn points from playing poker or casino games as well.
Betting through BetMGM Sportsbook will earn you any MLife points.
Promotions at BetMGM online
BetMGM features several promotions that appeal to all types of bettors. Although these exact promos might not be available in every state, the online sportsbook will most likely have similar deals in place.
Here are examples of promotions you can expect to find at BetMGM Sportsbook:
- Money Monday Club
- Live Basketball Free Bets
- Soccer Free Bet
- Follow the Puck
- Spittin’ Chiclets Bump
- Buffalo Wild Wings Overtime Insurance
- Power Parlay Leaderboard
- Parlay Insurance
The Money Monday Club rewards you for simply using the sportsbook regularly. BetMGM will provide you a $10 free bet each Monday if you wager at least $50 during the previous week.
With the Live Basketball Free Bets promo, you will receive free bets depending on how much you have wagered on live basketball games. By live betting $25 on either an NBA or NCAA basketball game, you will get $5 in free bets. You can earn up to $100 in free bets by wagering at least $500 on live games.
BetMGM also features a specific soccer promo. You’re able to receive a $10 free bet for any soccer game by betting $10 prior to the game on the Liverpool versus Manchester United match.
Hockey fans have multiple ways to cash in on BetMGM promos as well.
With the Follow the Puck promo, you’ll receive live free bet credit for placing pregame wagers on the NHL. A $25 bet will earn you a $5 free live bet. Like with the basketball promo, you can earn up to $100 by betting a minimum of $500.
NHL bettors can also use the Spittin’ Chiclets Bump promo, too. This deal rewards you a $10 free live bet for wagering only $10 before any hockey game.
Though there is only one game left in the NFL season, you can still take advantage of the Overtime Insurance promo. With this insurance, you’ll receive up to $25 in free bets if your NFL wager loses in overtime. Spread and moneyline bets are accepted.
The Power Parlay Leaderboard allows you to earn points for a chance to win weekly and overall prizes. The promo runs through January. Parlay wins and losses will give you points toward winning the $3,000 grand prize.
BetMGM’s Parlay Insurance provides up to $25 in free bets if your parlay nearly wins. To be eligible, you must place a five-leg parlay. If you win four out of your five selections, BetMGM will credit you up to $25.
BetMGM deposit, withdraw options
BetMGM provides plenty of banking options to fund and withdraw money. Although some methods may vary between states, the majority of options will be consistent.
Deposit methods can vary from state to state, but generally speaking, options available at BetMGM include:
- ACH e-check
- BetMGM online Play+
- Credit card: Mastercard, Visa, or American Express
- Online banking transfer
- Retail casino cashier
- VIP Preferred
There are a variety of ways to withdraw winnings. These include:
- ACH e-check
- BetMGM online Play+
- Check by mail
- Retail casino cashier
Cash at Cage
In some states you can deposit or withdraw to your online account via the cashier at the land-based partner:
- New Jersey: Borgata at 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
- Michigan: MGM Grand Detroit at 1777 3rd Ave, Detroit, MI 48226
BetMGM online sportsbook wagering types
The online sportsbook offers a wide selection of ways to bet on sports. At BetMGM, you can wager in the following ways:
- Live in-game
- Point spread
- Round robin
Live in-game wagering
Live betting is one of the more popular ways bettors enjoy BetMGM Sportsbook. There is a long list of live betting choices for about every sport available.
With live wagering, you’re able to place a bet even after the start of the sporting event. You have the freedom to wager at basically any point during the live-action.
A lot of bettors choose to wait and see how a game begins prior to committing any money to it. Live betting also makes games more interactive. The sportsbook provides updated odds based on the action happening at that moment.
BetMGM features multiple betting options for live games. While you can wager on standard lines like point spread, moneyline, and totals, there are several alternate odds for each and props as well.
You have the opportunity to use the cashout tool to finalize a bet before it even ends. This is available in both NJ and WV.
This function gives you the option to walk away from an ongoing wager with either part of your potential winnings or a reduced loss. Cashing out is only available for certain games, and for straight and parlay bets. The payout is calculated based on the current odds of the original bet.
It is an intriguing feature because it allows you more control of your bet. Instead of stressing about how a game might end, you can simply stop it when you please.
BetMGM betting markets
There are more than enough sports to bet on through BetMGM Sportsbook. The following are the markets available on the mobile betting app:
- Aussie rules football
BetMGM Sportsbook growth
BetMGM Sportsbook is continuing to grow along with legal sports betting in the US. MGM expanded its gambling brand into the world of sports wagering by partnering with the UK operator, GVC Holdings, in July 2018.
BetMGM first launched an online betting app into the New Jersey sports betting market in August 2018. The sportsbook services the land-based Borgata in Atlantic City.
Where is BetMGM legal?
BetMGM Sportsbook is expanding its legal online sports betting app. The online sportsbook is now live in Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Iowa, West Virginia, Indiana, Tennessee, Colorado, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Any resident located in these states can download and start betting with BetMGM. In addition to wagering online, BetMGM has retail locations in some of these places, as well.
Currently, BetMGM has a land-based sportsbook in New Jersey and Michigan.
BetMGM online sportsbook locations:
- BetMGM Sportsbook in NJ. BetMGM first debuted its online sportsbook in August 2018 in the NJ sports betting market. Initially, the sportsbook app launched under the name playMGM. MGM then started a partnership with GVC Holdings and created a joint venture named Roar Digital. Since that point, it’s been known as BetMGM Sportsbook. Besides the online option, BetMGM has a retail sportsbook at the Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in VA. BetMGM then went live in West Virginia in January 2020. It launched in the Mountain State thanks to a deal with the private resort The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in IN. The online sportsbook debuted in Indiana in February 2020. It has a mobile license with Boyd’s Belterra Casino Resort in Florence.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in CO. BetMGM Colorado debuted in May 2020. The online sportsbook joined CO with a partnership with the Midnight Rose Hotel & Casino in Cripple Creek.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in TN. Online sportsbetting hit Tennessee on November 1, 2020, and BetMGM was one of only three sportsbooks to launch that very day. Online sportsbooks in TN do not have land-based partners.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in IA. BetMGM is partnered with the Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque, although the retail book there is branded under FanDuel.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in MI. The Michigan version of BetMGM online sportsbook launched on January 22, 2021. It’s in partnership with the existing BetMGM Sports Lounge at the MGM Grand Detroit.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in PA. The Pennsylvania version of BetMGM online sportsbook launchd on Dec. 17, 2020.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in VA. BetMGM arrived in Virginia on January 27, 2021. All legal sportsbetting in Virginia takes place in the operator’s mobile apps — there are no land-based partners.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in DC. The online sportsbook operates a bit different in DC. The most important thing to understand about is that you can use it anywhere, but the only time you are able to place bets is when you are within a . The stadium itself also is included in the circle, so you can bet while attending a Nats game. If you are not close to Nationals Park, you still can check on lines, decide what you want to wager on and even make deposits and withdrawals from inside the app. You won’t be able to bet, though. That’s because your smartphone or tablet will use geolocation to pinpoint your whereabouts, and you need to be within the approved area.
- BetMGM Sportsbook in IL. There is not currently a BetMGM online sportsbook available in Illinois. We do expect this to change in the coming months, perhaps with BetMGM partnering with Par-A-Dice casino for licensing purposes. We will update the review as new information becomes available.
Customers looking to deposit or withdraw winnings from BetMGM Sportsbook can do so in person at select locations. NJ bettors can do so at the Atlantic City Borgata, while Michigan residents can visit the MGM Grand Detroit.
Certain states have specific betting restrictions and regulations that BetMGM must follow.
In New Jersey and Virginia, bettors cannot place wagers involving in-state college teams. This means customers in those states can’t bet on Rutgers or UVA, for instance.
College wagering also is more restricted than the professional markets in Tennessee. While bets on in-state teams are permitted, all bets involving individual athletes, such as props, are prohibited.