Brad Allen is a writer for Legal Sports Report. He started out covering the online gambling sector in Europe in 2016 when legal US sports betting was just a twinkle in the Supreme Court’s eye.
Due to an unhealthy interest in US sports, Brad was always a natural choice to cover the US industry and made the switch to LSR in 2020 when the US sports betting gold rush was in full flow.
Brad aims to bring some of his experience in other gambling markets to the US to try and explain a nuanced and complex industry. He specializes in the companies that make up the market and what makes them tick.
Before sports betting, Brad covered the renewable energy sector for a brief period, after earning a Masters degree in journalism from the University of Sussex. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Politics and American Studies.
Posts by Brad Allen:
- Chicago Stadium Sportsbooks Hit A Stumbling Block As Council Questions ‘Paltry’ Tax Take, 08 Dec 2021
- Florida Sports Betting On Ice As Hard Rock Pulls Sportsbook App, 06 Dec 2021
- DraftKings CEO Responds To Short Seller: ‘His Math Makes No Sense’, 03 Dec 2021
- In Ontario Sports Betting, What Exactly Does ‘Tier One’ Mean?, 03 Dec 2021
- Who Is Suing DraftKings Over Its Use Of Cash-Out?, 01 Dec 2021
- DraftKings CEO: Bettors Seeking Profit ‘Not The Players We Want’, 30 Nov 2021
- What Drove Massive Selloff In Genius Sports Stock?, 23 Nov 2021
- Honeymoon Over: When Do US Sportsbooks Need To Start Showing A Profit?, 23 Nov 2021
- NBA To Take 3% Stake In Sportradar Amid Expanded Data Deal, 17 Nov 2021
- Analysis: Is MGM Setting Up For Another Run At Entain?, 17 Nov 2021