Caesars Sportsbook launched in New York just in time for the NFL playoffs.
Read on for what you need to get started in the Empire State.
Caesars Sportsbook New York: The basics
Caesars is one of four sports betting apps that are currently live and licensed to operate in New York, alongside DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel Sportbook and BetRivers. Read up on everything you need to know about NY sportsbook apps here.
Caesars is one of the veterans of the US sports betting industry because of its roots with a sportsbook at Caesars Palace in Nevada. Its US ambitions have recently increased drastically in states around the country in the past year. A national advertising campaign centered around the Manning family and JB Smoove including the tagline “We are all Caesars” has dominated sports TV in recent months.
The company boasted large numbers for its opening weekend during Week 18 of the NFL season.
How to get the Caesars Sportsbook app in NY
Getting started at Caesars is straightforward:
- Visit Caesars‘ website
- Create your account. You’ll have to give information such as your date of birth, phone number and address, as well as the last four digits of your Social Security number. All of this information is required at any legal sportsbook app in the US.
- You can then use the site on mobile or desktop or download the app for iOS and Android devices for a better experience.
Fine print for the Caesars New York promo code
Like any offer for free money, there are strings attached.
The free $300 does indeed land in your account just for signing up. You can place bets with the money after registering. However, in order to withdraw any winnings from the free $300, you need to make a deposit.
Of course, making a deposit makes a lot of sense when you also get a deposit bonus for signing up. But getting and clearing the deposit match — up to $3,000 — involves a bit more work.
- First things first: You have to deposit within three days of registering an account.
- The bonus match will be credited within 48 hours.
- Before you can withdraw and of the bonus, you will have to wager it all at least one time. So if you max out the bonus offer by depositing $3,ooo, you will also get $3,000 in bonus funds. In order to withdraw any $3,000 bonus, you will have to wager $3,000.
- You must wager on odds great than -300 in order to satisfy the wagering requirements (ie, Caesars won’t let you bet huge favorites to clear the bonus).
After that, you can do anything you want with the money you deposited and claimed as a bonus.