[toc]A two-day conference – Esports & Casino Resorts (October 25th and 26th at the SLS Las Vegas) – will connect the video gaming and regulated casino industries for a hands-on conversation about the mutual opportunities that exist at the intersection of gaming and gambling.
“The path to successful esports casino integrations is starting to come into focus,” John Caldwell, partner with conference producer Narus Advisors, said.
“At Esports and Casino Resorts we’re featuring in-depth discussions led by experts that will help bring even more clarity to the opportunity, and provide a blueprint for success in this quickly developing area.”
Full details on the conference available here.
Topics at Esports & Casino Resorts
The event will cover various angles of how casinos can benefit from the explosion in popularity of video gaming in general and esports specifically, such as event hosting, understanding the esports fan, and esports on the casino floor.
A complete program is available here.
- Answering the common concerns casinos have about esports
- What esports games are the best fits for the casino resort environment?
- Esports architecture: Fitting esports into the casino floor plan
- How regional casinos can position themselves for esports success
- Bringing esports to the casino floor
- Keys to hosting a successful esports event
- Indian Country and esports: An opportunity for innovation
Who will be at the event?
Attendees are expected to run the gamut in the casino and esports industries, for anyone interested in tapping into the potential overlap of the two markets.
Speakers are pulled from a diverse pool of experts and executives, including:
- Imari Oliver, VP Sales and Global Partnerships, Esports at WME | IMG
- Nick Allen, Director, Esports Operations at Twitch
- Rahul Sood, CEO, Unikrn.com
- Steve Arhancet, Co-CEO / Owner, Team Liquid
- Seth Schorr, CEO, Fifth Street Gaming, Downtown Grand
Legal and regulatory experts, as well as casino and esports analysts, will also be featured on panels.
Full speaker list and schedule here.
Esports & Casino Resorts, at a glance
The event is being put on by Narus Advisors and Global Gaming Business. It will take place on Oct. 25-26 at the SLS in Vegas.
The intersection of esports and gambling has been a hot topic in 2016, from the rise and fall of betting on skins to record-breaking events.
“The esports events we’ve run with our casino venue partners have far exceeded our expectations and taught us a lot,” Caldwell said. “Most notably, the events have confirmed our prior theory that esports fans show up in droves, and bring a fresh new customer dynamic to the property.”
Narus and Eilers and Krejcik Gaming recently put out a revised report on esports and gambling, including projections into 2020.
In 2016, Narus estimates that $5.5 billion in money and items will be wagered around popular esports titles, with that number expected to rise in the coming years.