Yahoo Daily Fantasy Sports review
Yahoo, a longtime leader in season-long fantasy sports, joined the DFS industry in 2015. Its easy access to eyeballs and users via its sports content and season-long platform allowed it to quickly became the No. 3 operator behind DraftKings and FanDuel.
Yahoo DFS Software
Yahoo’s DFS client is easy to use and straightforward, and doesn’t have as many bells and whistles as its larger competitors.
How can you access the Yahoo DFS platform?
- Browser-based client: The most comprehensive Yahoo experience can be found on the main daily fantasy page. All major browsers are supported.
- Mobile: Yahoo’s overarching fantasy app includes access to the daily fantasy platform for both iOS and Android.
Daily Fantasy Games available
Yahoo offers a number of game formats, which include:
- Guaranteed prize pools: Players pay a set entry fee to compete for a share of a fixed prize pool. GPPs run regardless of whether they fill up or not.
- Head-to-Head: Pits two players against one another. The winner receives the entire prize pool.
- 50/50: Guaranteed tournaments where the top half of the field (nearly) doubles their investment.
- ‘Groups’: Players can either join an existing ‘group’ — which is basically a smaller, non-guaranteed contest — or create their own.
- Multipliers: Multipliers are high variance contests that pay an equal prize to a smallish percentage of the field.
Yahoo offers contests across a variety of sports:
Signing up for Yahoo DFS is a relatively straightforward process that entails creating an account with Yahoo. You must include your name, birthday and mobile phone number.
Yahoo – Deposits and Withdrawals
You do not need a Yahoo daily fantasy promo code when joining. Using our Yahoo DFS (like this one) will give you the best available sign-up offer available.
In order to deposit or withdraw money at Yahoo, you must go through third party payment processor PayPal. Credit cards are not accepted.
You cannot do any transactions until your PayPal account is linked to your Yahoo account.
States not permitted
A number of U.S. states have laws that make daily fantasy possibly illegal. Yahoo does not allow play from Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada and Washington.
You can play Yahoo DFS from any other state. It is not available internationally.