Best Online Baccarat Casinos
You can explore a range of high-quality baccarat games at leading online casinos such as DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Bally and Caesars Palace. These legal casino sites offer a selection of virtual baccarat games, ranging from classic options to modern games with features such as multipliers and side bets. You can also play live dealer baccarat, which aims to provide something similar to the social aspect of visiting a brick-and-mortar casino.
This guide highlights the top five online baccarat casinos in states where they are legal. We will explain which games they offer, break down their bonuses and discuss their key features, helping you choose which one is best for you. We’ll also cover how to play online baccarat and the payout rates for the various betting options.
of Gold Coins for $10
Best online baccarat casinos for December 2023
We have reviewed the game quality, game variety, user experience and available bonuses at every licensed online baccarat casino in the country. These are the best online casinos for baccarat players:
1. DraftKings Casino baccarat
DraftKings Casino offers the best selection of games for online baccarat players. There are four virtual baccarat games, three of which are exclusives. It offers a classic DraftKings Baccarat game, which has three progressive jackpots, along with a virtual baccarat option from IGT.
You can also play DraftKings High Limit Squeeze Baccarat, which offers limits of $25 to $65,250 per hand. DraftKings Lunar New Year Baccarat has even broader betting limits, from $1 to $65,250 per hand. You can access these games via the “Baccarat” tab on the DraftKings Casino homepage. The online casino also features a simple Dragon Tiger game, which is essentially a two-card version of baccarat.
In addition, DraftKings Casino has three live dealer baccarat games. One is the standard Speed Baccarat from Evolution Gaming, which has betting limits of $1 to $15,000 per hand. Evolution has also supplied DraftKings with two branded games — DraftKings Speed Baccarat and DraftKings Dragon Bonus.
All three live online casino games are part of DraftKings’ in-house progressive jackpot network. It offers three jackpots — mini, major and mega — and the mega jackpot often can reach six-figure or seven-figure payouts. These progressive jackpots help DraftKings to distinguish itself from the competition.
DraftKings offers new customers a $35 bonus in casino credit when they sign up and a 100% first deposit match bonus for up to $250. That bonus has a 15x wagering requirement, and wagers that you place on baccarat count 10% toward completing that requirement. DraftKings also offers a comprehensive rewards program and regular promos for all players.
2. FanDuel Casino baccarat
FanDuel offers the best casino app for baccarat players. It holds an average rating of 4.8 stars from iOS users on the App Store and 4.6 stars from Android players on Google Play. The app is fast, accessible and reliable, making it easy to find and play the games you’re looking for. FanDuel Casino offers a high-quality website, too.
However, the selection of baccarat games is more limited than at DraftKings. You can play first person baccarat and live dealer baccarat from Evolution Gaming. If you are playing the first person option, you can hit the “go live” button to switch to the live dealer version. FanDuel also offers a virtual baccarat game from IGT and another from NetEnt.
New customers can claim a “play it again” bonus for up to $1,000. This provides a refund in bonus credits for any net loss you suffer during your first 24 hours at the online casino. That includes losses from playing baccarat. The maximum refund you can receive is $1,000, and any bonus credits you receive have a 1x playthrough requirement before converting to withdrawable cash. FanDuel Casino offers generally quick payouts via several methods.
3. BetMGM Casino baccarat
BetMGM is the most popular online casino in the country, according to the latest financial reports from co-owners Entain and MGM Resorts International. It offers a larger selection of games than many rival online casinos. BetMGM specializes in slots, but it also offers a strong selection of table games, including five virtual baccarat games and two live dealer options.
You can play classic virtual baccarat titles from three game studios, along with first person baccarat from Evolution Gaming. There is also an exclusive NHL Baccarat game for hockey fans, as BetMGM is an official partner of the NHL. If you prefer live dealer play, you can play Evolution’s live baccarat game or an exclusive BetMGM-branded live baccarat title.
New customers can unlock a sign-up bonus package of up to $1,025 by using the BetMGM bonus code LSRBONUS. You will then receive $25 in bonus chips immediately after setting up your account. These have a 1x wagering requirement. Any winnings will then become eligible for withdrawal after you make an initial deposit of $10 or more. BetMGM Casino will match your deposit with bonus funds, which have a 15x wagering requirement. You cannot use these funds to play baccarat, but you can browse thousands of slots and various other games.
4. Bally Casino baccarat
Bally Casino offers a strong range of baccarat games via its user-friendly app and website. There are seven virtual titles, plus a single live dealer option. You can search for baccarat games via the main lobby or venture into the table games section, where there is a sub-category: “Baccarat, Dice and More.”
There are a couple of classic baccarat games, along with Baccarat Remastered from Roxor Gaming. Evolution Gaming has supplied three virtual games — First Person Baccarat, First Person Lightning Baccarat and First Person Golden Wealth Baccarat — along with live dealer Speed Baccarat. Some players may enjoy the Lightning Baccarat option. It follows the classic punto banco rules, but it also features a “Lightning” multiplier, giving you the chance to win “supercharged payouts.”
Bally Casino also provides the best sign-up bonus among current legal online casinos. You can use the Bally Casino bonus code ROCK50 to redeem a $50 no deposit bonus when you sign up. Then, if you make a deposit of $10 or more, you’ll also be eligible for a refund of up to $100 in cash for any net loss you sustain in your first week at the online casino. The terms and conditions do not state any restrictions on baccarat. Bally Casino offers lots of recurring promotions, too, plus a VIP program.
5. Caesars Palace Online Casino baccarat
Caesars Palace offers baccarat players a very competitive welcome bonus. The promo code ROCKY2500, then if you make a minimum deposit of $10, you will receive a 100% deposit match bonus for up to $2,500. Those bonus credits will have a 75x wagering requirement if you play baccarat, which compares favorably to the 150x requirement at DraftKings Casino. Finally, you will receive credits that count toward the Caesars Rewards program after wagering at least $25 during your first seven days. Wagers on baccarat will count toward that $25.
Caesars Palace offers the same range of baccarat games as FanDuel Casino — virtual games from IGT, NetEnt and Evolution Gaming, plus live dealer baccarat from Evolution. The live dealer game has limits of $1 to $1,000 per hand, but you can play the IGT virtual baccarat game for up to $25,000 per hand.
Caesars Palace Online Casino offers excellent customer support on a 24/7 basis, along with user-friendly software. It may appeal to high rollers, too, as there is a detailed VIP program.
Baccarat bonuses and promos
The best online casinos offer a sign-up bonus to attract new players. They will also provide all customers with a variety of recurring promotions, which reward you for regular play. Most bonuses are available to use on baccarat, but some promotions may exclude it, so it is important to check the terms and conditions. These are the main types of bonuses you’re likely to come across:
- Deposit match or refund bonus: Some online casinos will match a percentage of your first deposit with bonus credits. You then need to wager them a certain number of times before being able to withdraw any remaining winnings. As another option, some casinos instead offer a refund of any net loss during your first day or week instead of a deposit match. Depending on the specific casino, the refund may arrive in your account as bonus credits or cash, so check the terms.
- No deposit bonus: This provides you with bonus chips without any requirement to deposit your own cash. You will receive the bonus funds immediately after signing up, and you can withdraw what remains once you complete the playthrough requirement.
- Refer-a-friend bonus: Most online baccarat casinos reward you with bonus credits if you refer someone and that person signs up, deposits funds and starts wagering. The person you refer will normally receive an identical bonus, as well.
- Bonuses for established players: These can include bet-and-get deals, leaderboard contests, prize draws and so on. These deals are often available to all customers on a recurring or limited-term basis, so check the promotions page regularly or opt into promotional emails to keep track of what’s available.
- Reload bonus: This is a type of deposit bonus available to established customers, as opposed to new ones. Once again, the site will match a percentage of your deposit with bonus funds, and those funds will have a wagering requirement before you can cash out.
Baccarat bonus advice
It is important to read the fine print before claiming a bonus at a casino for playing online roulette or other games.
Check the terms and conditions to see if any promo you plan to use will work with baccarat. Some casinos do not allow you to play baccarat when using bonus credits, as it has a very high return-to-player rate, but it is normally permitted. However, baccarat will not normally count 100% toward completing the requirements.
For example, the terms at DraftKings Casino state that baccarat will only contribute 10% toward satisfying the 15x wagering requirement. That means only $0.10 in every $1 you wager counts toward it. It essentially means the wagering requirement is 150x if you play baccarat.
Online casinos will not allow you to simply cover both sides of the bet, either. That means you cannot lay down an equal number of chips on the player’s hand and the dealer’s hand, as that would make it too easy for you to complete wagering requirements.
How to play online baccarat in 7 steps
Baccarat is one of the simplest games available at an online casino. It has just three betting options, each of which has a different return-to-player rate. If you would like to play online baccarat, follow these steps to set up an account:
- Use the “play now” button next to one of our recommended online casinos in the table above. That will take you to the casino, and you can sign up and claim the welcome bonus.
- Click to open the sign-up form and enter your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address and last four digits of your Social Security number. Choose a password.
- Accept the terms and complete the form. You may also need to upload images of documents to help the casino verify your age, identity and address.
- When the online casino has approved your account, head to the cashier and make a deposit.
- You can then search for baccarat via the homepage. Alternatively, head to the table game section for virtual baccarat or the live casino section for live dealer baccarat.
- Click or tap on one of the games, and you will see a brief description of how it works.
- Enter the game and click to lay down your chips on the banker’s hand, the player’s hand or a tie. If your prediction is correct, your winnings will appear in your account balance. Continue to play as many hands as you like, but please gamble responsibly.
How to choose the best casino for real money baccarat
There are many reputable online baccarat casinos in states like Michigan, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. To narrow it down, you can focus on these points:
- Game selection: Consider how many baccarat games an online casino offers. Focus on whether it provides exclusives and what variety is available. DraftKings stands out by hosting original baccarat games, many of which have progressive jackpots.
- Betting limits: If you have a large bankroll, for instance, you might want to consider DraftKings, as it allows you to wager up to $65,250 per hand.
- Bonuses: Check out the promotions and see if they permit you to play baccarat with the bonus credits. Focus on the sign-up bonus and the recurring promos. Casinos like FanDuel allow you to use bonus funds on baccarat, while Caesars Palace offers competitive contribution rates on baccarat games.
- Banking methods: You can also consider the range of deposit and withdrawal methods at an online baccarat casino. Most will accept common methods like Visa and Mastercard, but other options vary from one casino to the next. Deposit and withdrawal limits are another important consideration when seeking a casino that suits your budget, as are payout speeds. DraftKings offers very broad payment limits.
- App quality: If you plan to play on a mobile device, you can look into the quality of the casino app. FanDuel and DraftKings offer the fastest, most accessible, and most reliable casino apps on the market.
Legal online baccarat casinos
You can play legal online baccarat for real money in five states. Delaware also has a regulated online casino network, but the platform there does not include any baccarat games. These are the five states in which you can sign up at online baccarat casinos:
There are 28 legal online casinos in New Jersey. They all offer RNG-powered virtual baccarat games, and most also host live dealer baccarat tables from Evolution Gaming. Just make sure you play baccarat at regulated online casinos that have received approval from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. This includes BetMGM, Borgata, DraftKings, FanDuel, Bally Casino, Caesars Palace and BetRivers.
Michigan’s regulated online casino industry launched in January 2021. There are 15 licensed online casinos in the state, including DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Caesars Palace, BetRivers and Golden Nugget. These sites host virtual baccarat games from a few providers, such as NetEnt and IGT. They also offer live dealer baccarat, either from an Evolution Gaming studio or a Playtech studio, both of which are located in Southfield.
Twenty-one online casinos have licenses to operate in the state from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, resulting in a diverse and competitive market. Anyone 21 or older and located in the state can play live dealer and virtual online baccarat at sites that include Bally Casino, BetMGM, Caesars Palace, DraftKings and FanDuel.
Nine legal online casinos operate in West Virginia, including leaders such as BetMGM and DraftKings. The West Virginia Lottery oversees licensing and regulation, and the online casinos operate on the master licenses of brick-and-mortar casinos such as The Greenbrier and Mountaineer Casino. Evolution supplies WV online casinos with live dealer games, and NetEnt offers virtual baccarat.
Connecticut only permits two online casinos to operate in the state. DraftKings Casino is available via the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe’s master license. It offers virtual and live dealer baccarat, including exclusive games. You can also visit the Mohegan Sun online casino, a re-skinned version of FanDuel Casino that it runs in partnership with the Mohegan Tribe. It offers an exclusive live dealer FanDuel Baccarat game from Evolution Gaming, along with virtual baccarat from IGT and First Person Lightning Baccarat, First Person Golden Wealth Baccarat and regular First Person Baccarat from Evolution.
Types of online baccarat games
There are various forms of baccarat, including chemin de fer and baccarat banque. However, the vast majority of baccarat games at online casinos follow the punto banco variant, which originated in Argentina in the 1950s. In this version, you can bet on the player or the banker, or you can wager on a tie. These are some of the punto banco games at online casinos:
Classic punto banco features two hands — the banker’s hand and the player’s hand. To be clear, you do not assume the role of the player. Those are simply the terms. Two cards will be dealt to the player from a six-card or eight-card shoe, and two cards will be dealt to the banker.
The hand closest to 9 wins. You can bet on the banker’s hand being closer to 9 or the player’s hand being closer to 9, or you can wager on a tie. These are the key rules:
- An ace is worth 1, while a 10, jack, queen and king are worth zero.
- If either hand totals 8 or 9, no additional cards will be dealt. If neither hand totals 8 or 9, there will be additional cards.
- If the cards total more than 9, they are added together, and the second digit determines the result. For example, a 7 and 8 would result in 15, and the result would be 5.
- If the player’s hand totals 5 or less, the player receives another card. The player stands on a 6 or 7.
- The dealer receives a third card according to the third card the player draws. This is called the banker’s rule, and it gives the banker’s hand a slight edge.
For this reason, the banker’s hand wins 45.86% of the time, compared to 44.6% for the player’s hand. If it is a tie, bets on the banker or the player count as a push, and you get your money back. For this reason, the banker’s hand wins slightly more than half the time. However, you pay a 5% commission for betting on the banker’s hand, so it only pays out at 19:20. It means that these are the overall RTP rates for the three available bets:
- Banker’s hand: 98.94%
- Player’s hand: 98.76%
- Tie: 85.64%
As you can see, a banker bet still has the best theoretical payout rate, while a tie bet is best avoided.
First Person Baccarat
This is simply a form of classic baccarat from Evolution Gaming, a company that specializes in live dealer games. First Person Baccarat looks similar to Evolution’s live dealer baccarat game, and it has a “go live” button, which you can click to be transported to the live version.
This is a popular baccarat game from Evolution. It is available as a first person (virtual) game, and it may sometimes be available as a live dealer game. Lightning Baccarat follows the standard rules that we went over above, but it also imposes a 20% fee to your bet on each hand.
That fee is used to fund “lightning” payouts, which multiply your winnings. At the start of each lightning round, up to five cards are selected at random from a virtual deck. Each card is assigned a random multiplier – 2x, 3x, 4x and so on. The maximum payout is 310,720:1 in a winning tie bet with matching lightning cards. This game has a 98.76% RTP rate.
Golden Wealth Baccarat
This is another twist on baccarat from Evolution Gaming, which may be available as a virtual or live dealer game. It is similar to Lightning Baccarat as a “magical pot” on the table delivers five “golden cards” each game. If your winning hand holds one or more of these cards, your winnings will be multiplied. The best available RTP for this game is 98.85%.
This is a classic baccarat game in which the cards are dealt face down. The cards are then slowly folded on each side by a live dealer, revealing the hands. It is designed to build anticipation and increase the tension and excitement of the game, but it has no bearing on the results.
Speed Baccarat, another live dealer game from Evolution, has a faster pace than the regular game. The rules are the same, but each round takes no longer than 27 seconds, compared to roughly 48 seconds for the standard game.
Baccarat strategy and systems
You can pursue a positive or negative progression strategy when playing baccarat. It works best on the player bet, which offers a 1:1 payout and provides an almost 50% chance of success.
Negative progression systems
Negative progression strategies require you to increase your bet size after a loss. They chase losses and aim for small, regular wins. These are some popular options:
- Martingale: Bet one unit, which is a specific percentage of your bankroll. If you lose, double your bet to two units. Continue doubling until you win. After each win, bet one unit again.
- Fibonacci: Go one step forward in the Fibonacci sequence (1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-89-144-233-377-610 etc.) after a loss and two steps back after a win.
- D’Alembert: Increase your stake by one unit after a win and decrease by one unit after a loss.
Positive progression systems
Positive progression systems require you to increase your bet size after a win. The aim is to capitalize on winning streaks when they occur.
- Reverse Martingale: Double your bet after each win. You need to walk away at some point, or all previous wins will be wiped out with a single loss.
- Paroli: This approach seeks to capitalize on a streak of three straight wins. Double your wager amount after a win, but revert to betting a single unit if you win three consecutive hands.
- 1-3-2-6: Move forward in the 1-3-2-6 sequence with each win until you complete it, betting one unit, then three units, and so on.
You can play a range of virtual and live dealer baccarat games at leading online casinos in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia and Connecticut. The options will generally vary on a state-by-state basis, but top online casinos will generally have a few choices.
Most legal online casinos in the United States offer baccarat, as it is one of the most popular table games on the market. The best baccarat casino sites include DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Bally Casino and Caesars Palace.
The vast majority of baccarat games at online casinos follow the punto banco variant, which dates back to Argentina in the 1950s. There are other variants, including baccarat banque and chemin de fer, but they are not as well-suited to online play. You can find different takes on punto banco, such as Speed Baccarat and Lightning Baccarat.
Baccarat is purely a game of chance. However, unlike some casino games, you still need to make decisions that impact your potential profit or loss. Simply put, you can opt to bet on the player’s hand, the banker’s hand or a tie.
The banker bet is the best option if you are playing online baccarat. This bet has a house edge of just 1.06%, resulting in a theoretical return-to-player rate of 98.94%, compared to 98.76% if you bet on the player’s hand or 85.64% if you bet on the tie.
The odds of success depend on which bet you place. The banker bet has a win rate of around 45.86%, compared to 44.6% for the player bet. The tie pushes, so the banker bet wins more than half the time, but you have to pay a commission when betting on the banker’s hand, meaning the overall RTP is 98.94%.
The banker’s hand is completed last and follows more aggressive drawing rules, which results in a higher chance of it winning. When factoring out the tie, it wins more than half the time, but it only pays 19:20, as you pay a commission when betting on the banker’s hand.
Most online casinos will allow you to play baccarat with bonus funds. However, baccarat will normally count just 10% or 20% toward completing the wagering requirement for those bonus funds, as it has a higher RTP rate than most other online casino games.