Caesars Sportsbook is legal and live for bettors in Ontario. That means that users in the province who are 19 or older can register for an account and begin placing wagers at Caesars.
Caesars is one of the top North American online sportsbooks. For a more thorough rundown of what customers can expect when they sign up for a sportsbook account at Caesars, including the website and app, betting options and customer service, keep reading.
Caesars Sportsbook sign-up code for March 2023
You don’t need a code when you sign up for a Caesars account. Instead, head to the Caesars site via a link on this page, and click the sign-up button. Once you fill out the registration form and confirm your identity, you’ll be set to start placing wagers.
|Caesars Ontario Sign-up Code||Click to sign up|
|Deposit Methods||Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Trustly|
|Best Features||User interface and app|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
Caesars Ontario launch and partnerships
As of April 4, 2022, Caesars is online and legal in Ontario. The company has maintained a strong presence in the North American sports betting and casino gambling landscape for some time, and its Las Vegas-based hospitality and entertainment empire means it has a powerful brand to back it up.
In Ontario, sports betting had been on its way since Ottawa opened the door to legal betting in Canada with Bill C-128 in August 2021. Following moves to open up Ontario’s online gambling market, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and its subsidiary, iGaming Ontario, then granted licenses to select sportsbooks, including Caesars. Many of those books launched in April 2022.
Caesars partnered with several major sports franchises from North America’s top leagues, including three MLB teams, six NBA teams, seven NFL teams, four NHL teams and one WNBA team. However, Caesars is not partnered with any franchises based in Ontario.
In addition to its online presence in the province, Caesars operates the Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino, which is home to a new in-person Caesars Sportsbook that opened in early 2023. The location already has several sports betting kiosks.
How to sign up at Caesars Ontario Sportsbook
Making an account at Caesars usually takes only a few minutes. If you follow these steps, you’ll be all set to start placing wagers at the online sportsbook:
- Head to the Caesars Ontario homepage from one of the links on this page.
- Click the sign-up button to begin registering for an account.
- Fill out the form with your personal information (name, email address, etc.)
- Create a username and a password.
- Choose your preferred deposit method and add funds to your Caesars account.
Once you’ve finished with that, you’ll be ready to start. You can browse the selection of sports and leagues, check out the odds and add any wagers you want to place to your bet slip. You can also download the Caesars app on an iOS or Android device and play on the go.
Caesars will need to verify your identity when you sign up for an account. This allows Caesars to make sure that 1) you are of legal age to bet in Ontario and 2) you have not placed yourself on any self-exclusion lists. If you are playing from the Caesars app, it is mandatory to enable geolocation so that Caesars can ensure that you are located in Ontario.
Downloading Caesars Ontario betting app
For bettors who want the convenience of placing wagers from a mobile device, Caesars has an app for iOS and Android devices. It features all the functionality of the website with an interface optimized for smartphones and tablets. It updates quickly, which is good news if you’re looking to try live betting. Here’s how to download the app:
- Head to the Caesars Sportsbook site, select Ontario for your location and scroll down to the footer of the site.
- Select where it says “Get the app.”
- This will direct you to the correct download location on the appropriate app store.
- Tap “download” or “get” and wait for the app to install on your device.
Best features at Caesars Ontario betting site
Here are a few of the main things that we noted during our review:
One of the key factors when choosing an online sportsbook is the odds. Each book sets its own betting lines, meaning the numbers can vary from book to book. While whether odds are “good” can vary depending on the bet you want to place and the side you want to take, for the bets we looked at, Caesars tended to be a reasonable option, and sometimes better. This was particularly the case when it came to NFL odds.
User interface (desktop and mobile)
Whether you prefer betting from your web browser or your mobile device, Caesars offers a solid user interface. The app performed well in our testing, with a layout that makes it easy to navigate between your bet slip and the main menu. You can also log in seamlessly using face or touch recognition on mobile devices.
Another strong point at Caesars is the selection of sports, leagues and bets that it makes available. Caesars covers all of the major North American leagues — NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, college football, college basketball, WNBA and so on — while also offering some international and niche options. These include cricket, darts, lacrosse, motorsports, tennis and cycling.
Caesars will consistently offer prop bets, parlays and single-game parlays on its selection of games, making its coverage among the best.
Live betting on Caesars Sportsbook app
Another popular way to bet at online sportsbooks is to bet on live action within games. In other words, this is betting after the game has already started, rather than laying down a wager on the outcome ahead of time. Live odds will regularly shift and adjust to reflect what’s happening in the game.
Caesars has a dedicated live betting tab on its sports menu, indicated by a blue icon and a red number showing how many games are currently live for betting. You can then filter those games by sport and add bets to your bet slip. The Caesars site and app both update quickly, which is crucial for live betting, since you’ll need to be fast to lock in your desired wager and odds.
Top bets on Caesars Sportsbook app
Caesars Sportsbook offers all of the basic bets that you’ll find at any major sportsbook. If you’re new to sports betting, or you just want a quick refresher, here are the main options:
- Moneylines: A simple bet on which side will win the game. If a team has odds of +120, it is the underdog, and a bet of $100 would get you a profit of $120 should you win. If a team has odds of -120, it is the favorite, and a wager of $120 would stand to win a profit of $100 if successful.
- Point spreads: A bet on the outcome of the game, but this time taking into account the winning team’s margin of victory. For example, a spread bet on the Toronto Raptors versus the Milwaukee Bucks might have the Raptors as +4.5 underdogs, meaning that if you bet on the Raptors, your bet still wins as long as the Raptors don’t lose by five points or more. A bet on the Bucks at -4.5 would be the reverse: In order for the bet to win, Milwaukee would need to win by five points or more. Each side of a spread bet typically has odds at or around -110.
- Totals (over/unders): A bet on the total points both teams will combine to score in a game. The sportsbook will set a line, and you can bet on whether the actual total will be over or under that amount. If the Toronto Maple Leafs were playing the Vancouver Canucks, you might be guessing whether there will be over or under 5.5 goals in the game (again, the odds on both sides tend to be at or around -110).
- Props: Wager on smaller events within a game. You might place a wager on a given player’s point total, which team will reach a certain number of points first, or whether the result of the first drive in an NFL game will be a touchdown, a field goal, a turnover on downs and so on.
- Futures: A bet that won’t be settled for a longer period of time. For instance, you could make a preseason wager on your pick to win the Stanley Cup. The odds will often be high for futures bets, given the difficulty of making correct predictions so far in advance.
- Parlays: A bet consisting of multiple “legs” — two or more wagers that all have to be correct for the bet to win. Based on each leg you add (and the individual odds of each leg) the potential payout will increase. For instance, you could bet that the Maple Leafs will win, Auston Matthews will score under 1.5 goals, and the game will go to overtime. If you’re wrong about any of the three legs, your parlay loses.
Single-game parlays at Caesars Ontario
A single-game parlay is what you would expect it to be: a parlay where all of the legs come from one game. Rather than a parlay that combines three separate moneyline wagers (the Maple Leafs to win their game, the Edmonton Oilers to win their game and the New York Rangers to win their game), you might build a parlay using various bets within a single game.
If you were betting on an NHL game between the Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens, you might bet on the Canadiens to win, the Leafs to score first, the Leafs to be leading after the first period and the game to have over 5.5 goals.
SGPs frequently offer the potential for impressive payouts. However, they are notoriously difficult to win, as getting so many things right about an individual game is going to be a challenge.
Caesars offers plenty of SGP options, particularly on more popular leagues like the NFL, the NBA, MLB, the NHL and college football.
How long does it take to settle a winning bet at Caesars?
Bets at Caesars should settle promptly after the game ends, and withdrawals of winnings should typically take one to five days, though usually on the shorter end of that range. Payout speed depends in part on the withdrawal method you use.
Player props, game props and more at Caesars
Prop bets come in a few shapes and sizes. Here are the main prop categories you can find at a sportsbook like Caesars:
- Player props: These are bets on an individual player’s actions during the game. This might be on the number of points the player will score, as well as fouls/penalties, passing yards or another statistic on which the sportsbook provides odds.
- Team props: These are bets on a specific team’s accomplishments in a game. You might, for example, bet on whether one team will win a particular quarter or period, whether one of the two teams will score over X goals or whether one of the two teams will score an empty-netter.
- Game props: These are bets on the overall game, just not on the winner or the final score. You could lay down a bet on whether the game will end in regulation or the total number of rushing yards in a game, for example.
Caesars accepts a few deposit and withdrawal methods for Canadians. You can use PayPal, Visa, Mastercard or Trustly for deposits, all of which process instantly and require a minimum deposit of $20. For withdrawals, you can use either PayPal or Trustly, and the minimum is again $20.
Does Caesars pay instantly?
No, Caesars doesn’t pay instantly, but payouts are reliable and reasonably fast. If you withdraw using PayPal, it should take one to four business days to process. If you use Trustly, one to five business days. Caesars doesn’t charge fees on withdrawals.
Customer support and responsible gambling
Caesars has a variety of ways you can get in touch to request assistance. For most inquiries, the easiest way is by using the 24/7 live chat on the Caesars website. You can also send an email to [email protected] or call 1-855-474-0606. Another option is Twitter, @CaesarsSports.
Caesars offers several responsible gambling features. If you want to limit your gambling, you can set deposit limits, time limits or mandatory cool-off periods. You can also place yourself on a self-exclusion list that will prevent you signing up for other sportsbooks. You must be at least 19 years old to bet online in Ontario. If you feel your gambling is becoming a problem, call the Connex Ontario hotline at 1-866-531-2600.