This month, the wait for Kentucky sports betting is almost over. A number of top-tier sportsbooks are set to open in the state as soon as the law permits, with retail betting due to launch on Sept. 7 and online betting to follow on Sept. 28. On this page, we’ll introduce you to some of the best online sportsbooks that are on their way to the state and how you can claim their pre-launch bonuses.
Best Kentucky promo code offers
Online sports betting will be legally available for the first time in Kentucky on Sept. 28, 2023. Sportsbooks are keen to get a foothold in the Kentucky market, however, and a number are offering new users a pre-launch bonus if they set up an account now.
Below are some of the best Kentucky sports betting promos that you can claim today by clicking a link on this page.
- Bet365: Get $10 for every touchdown in the Detroit vs. Green Bay game on Thursday, Sept. 28, up to a maximum of $50. Plus, make a $1 opening wager and get $365 in bonus bets. No Bet365 bonus code necessary; minimum deposit of $10.
- DraftKings: Get $200 in bonus bets in your DraftKings Sportsbook account on launch day. Then, get a 100% match of your first deposit (up to $1,000), plus a $50 bonus bet for depositing $5 or more. And finally, make a $5 first bet and collect $200 in bonus bets, win or lose. No promo code necessary.
- FanDuel: Sign up and get $100 on launch day, no deposit necessary. Plus, look for an announcement regarding a secondary promo that you can claim when FanDuel goes live on Sept. 28.
- BetMGM: Get $100 credited to your account on launch day when you register for a BetMGM account before the book goes live. No deposit necessary; you cannot combine this offer with other BetMGM promotions.
You have until Sept. 28 to claim these pre-launch promotions. You can sign up for multiple sportsbooks and claim the sports betting bonus at each if you so choose. Note that you must be 18 or older and located in Kentucky to qualify.
How to sign up at Kentucky sportsbooks
To claim the pre-launch bonus at the Kentucky sportsbook of your choice, follow this list of general steps. Keep in mind that they may vary slightly depending on the sportsbook you choose:
- Click a link on this page to the sportsbook website.
- Click the button to register/join/sign up, and enter your personal information on the registration form.
- Complete any necessary verification steps, and set up login credentials for your new account.
- Make the minimum deposit (if applicable), and ensure you meet any terms and conditions necessary to qualify for the bonus.
Once you have completed this process, you should be ready to receive and use your bonus. Remember that you must be 18 or older to legally place sports bets in Kentucky.
About Kentucky sports betting
The Kentucky Legislature voted to legalize retail and online sports betting earlier this year when it passed HB 551. The law is slated to take effect this month, with retail betting set to launch first, on Sept. 7, the same day that the 2023-24 NFL season begins.
Online betting will be open for business starting Sept. 28. So far, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved DraftKings, FanDuel, Bet365, Circa, BetMGM, ESPN Bet, Fanatics, and Caesars to launch in the state. More books may receive approval in the coming weeks and months.