The Preakness Stakes comes our way on Saturday from Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. In addition, FanDuel Racing has a promotion for new customers who sign up for an account: a $20 no sweat Preakness bet.
The Preakness is the second leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown. Mage, the surprising winner of the Kentucky Derby, is the early favorite and will look to knock off the second leg of the elusive goal with a win on Saturday.
FanDuel Racing promo code for the 2023 Preakness Stakes
FanDuel Racing is running a promotion for new customers who sign up in advance of the Preakness Stakes. There is no promo code necessary to access it. Simply click the “play now” button above to create an account and place your wagers.
The promo is a $20 no sweat Preakness bet. If you place a single win bet on a horse and that bet loses, you’re eligible for up to $20 back in bet credits. Essentially, this allows you to wager on one of the top racing events of the year with a little insurance on your side.
FanDuel Racing offers bets on an array of horse races. In addition to signature events such as the Preakness Stakes, you can watch and wager on racing action from tracks across the globe on the web or via the FanDuel Racing app.
2023 Preakness Stakes overview
The 148th running of the Preakness Stakes takes place this Saturday. Here are some of the key details on one of the signature horse racing events of the season.
- Date: Saturday, May 20
- Location: Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore
- Post time: 7:01 p.m. ET (13th of 14th races on the day)
- Watch: NBC Sports platforms
- Entrants: Seven
- Purse: $1.65 million ($990,000 to first)
- Morning line favorite: Mage (8/5)
The field for this year’s Preakness Stakes is smaller than normal with just seven entrants. Mage (8/5), the surprising winner of the Kentucky Derby at odds of 15-1, is a main attraction and the early favorite.
While taking the first leg of the Triple Crown, Mage clocked in at 2:01.57. He is the only Kentucky Derby entrant that will be in the running on Saturday. Next up in early betting odds are National Treasure (4/1) and Blazing Sevens (6/1).
Most recently, National Treasure booked a fourth-place finish at the Santa Anita Derby, while Blazing Sevens came in third at the Blue Grass Stakes. Chad Brown, the trainer for Blazing Sevens, claimed victory at last year’s Preakness Stakes with Early Voting, clocking in with a time of 1:54.54. Rounding out the field of seven are Red Route One (10/1), Perform (15/1), Coffeewithchris (20/1) and Chase the Chaos (50/1).
How to sign up at FanDuel Racing
Signing up for an account at FanDuel Racing should just take a few minutes.
- For starters, click our FanDuel Racing affiliate link on this page to access the online racebook to begin the process.
- Next, follow the prompts and enter the necessary information, which includes your name, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Set up your username and password.
- Add money to your account via the cashier on the website or app (options include debit or credit card, e-check and PayPal).
- Check out the current odds for the Preakness Stakes.
- If you see a bet you like, click the odds to add it to your betting slip.
- Enter the amount you wish to wager, verify that everything is correct and click to place the wager.
Please note that age and eligibility requirements apply, and you must be located in a state in which FanDuel Racing is legal and available. To claim the $20 no sweat Preakness bet, head to the site via a link on this page to create an account.