Online sports betting is up and running in Massachusetts, and people in the state can now bet on a full season of baseball. Today, all 30 teams will square off on Opening Day. Lines and odds are available for all 15 games. Read on for details on sportsbook sign-up bonuses, opening day info and more.
Top three Massachusetts sports betting opening day promos
New users can redeem bonus bets and other offers ahead of MLB’s Opening Day when they sign up below.
DraftKings Massachusetts promo code for MLB opening day
You don’t need a code to claim the DraftKings bonus. Instead, use the DraftKinga MA promo link here to head to the DraftKings Sportsbook site and sign up for an account. Once you do, you’ll qualify for the welcome bonus.
After you sign up and deposit money into your account, DraftKings will provide a $50 bet if your initial deposit is for $5 or more. Also, DraftKings will match your first deposit in bonus funds at a rate of 20% up to a maximum of $1,000. For example, if you deposit $100, DraftKings will provide $20 for the deposit match along with the $50 bet.
In addition to the above promotion, new customers in Massachusetts can also receive $200 in bonus bets if their first wager at DraftKings Sportsbook is for $5 or more. The bonus bets are available whether that opening bet wins or loses.
BetMGM Massachusetts bonus code for MLB opening day
When you sign up at BetMGM Sportsbook, use the code PLAY1000. Then, deposit at least $10 into your account and place a wager of your choice. If that bet loses, BetMGM will provide a refund, up to $1,000, in bonus bets to wager at the online sportsbook.
Note: Users who redeemed the BetMGM Massachusetts pre-launch promotion are not eligible to redeem this promotion.
Caesars Massachusetts promo code for MLB opening day
To claim the welcome bonus at Caesars Sportsbook, sign up for an account using the code LSR1BET. Then, place a wager of your choice. If that first bet loses, Caesars will issue a refund for the amount of your wager as a single bonus bet, up to $1,500. You’ll have two weeks to use the bonus bet before it expires.
Opening day schedule (all times Eastern)
- San Francisco Giants at New York Yankees, 1:05 p.m., Yankee Stadium
- Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals, 1:05 p.m., Nationals Park
- Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox, 2:10 p.m., Fenway Park
- Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs, 2:20 p.m., Wrigley Field
- Detroit Tigers at Tampa Bay Rays, 3:10 p.m., Tropicana Field
- Minnesota Twins at Kansas City Royals, 3:10 p.m., Kauffman Stadium
- Philadelphia Phillies at Texas Rangers, 4:05 p.m., Globe Life Field
- New York Mets at Miami Marlins, 4:10 p.m., LoanDepot Park
- Pittsburgh Pirates at Cincinnati Reds, 4:10 p.m., Great American Ballpark
- Toronto Blue Jays at St. Louis Cardinals, 4:10 p.m., Busch Stadium
- Colorado Rockies at San Diego Padres, 5:10 p.m., Petco Park
- Chicago White Sox at Houston Astros, 7:08 p.m., Minute Maid Park
- Los Angeles Angels at Oakland A’s, 10:07 p.m., RingCentral Coliseum
- Cleveland Guardians at Seattle Mariners, 10:10 p.m., T-Mobile Park
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Los Angeles Dodgers, 10:10 p.m., Dodger Stadium
Opening Day preview: Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox
People in Massachusetts can now legally bet on the Boston Red Sox in the state. To kick off the 2023 MLB season, the Sox are hosting the Orioles for an afternoon game, as well as any MLB odds.
The Orioles finished last season just shy of October baseball, but their 83-79 record was their first regular season north of .500 since 2016. The contributions of catcher Adley Rutschman, a midseason call-up, were one of the reasons for the improvement. He’s back for his first full season in the big leagues.
The Sox are coming off a tough season, ending 78-84 and last in the AL East, just one year after making it to the ALCS. The team stayed busy in the offseason, as it parted ways with Xander Bogaerts and brought in outfielder Masataka Yoshida from Japan, and veterans Justin Turner and Adam Duvall. Boston has shown a lot of variance in performance over the last 10 years, including two World Series rings and a few last-place finishes.
All of the sportsbooks above have the Sox as home favorites in this matchup. Last year, Boston boasted a 32-18 record as the home favorite, while the Orioles were 34-43 as road underdogs.