The wait is nearly over for Super Bowl 57. The Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles will battle it out on Sunday, with kickoff set for 6:30 p.m. ET. Just a few hours later, scores of big game wagers will be officially settled.
There’s also a handful of bets that will be decided much quicker than that. For example, you can wager on what’s going to happen on the first snap and get an answer as soon as it happens. Here’s a look at the Super Bowl 57 first play from scrimmage bet.
Super Bowl 57 first play odds
Bettors have two options for the first scrimmage play: rush or pass. If you make the correct call, you win, and the sportsbook will credit your account with your winnings right away.
Chiefs’ first play from scrimmage results, 2022-23
Kansas City has handled the first play from scrimmage nine times this year, all during the regular season. Here’s what happened.
- Week 1 vs. Cardinals: Clyde Edwards-Helaire rush for nine yards.
- Week 2 vs. Chargers: Clyde Edwards-Helaire rush for five yards.
- Week 4 vs. Buccaneers: Clyde Edwards-Helaire rush for five yards.
- Week 9 vs. Titans: Patrick Mahomes pass to Kadarius Toney for two yards.
- Week 11 vs. Chargers: Isiah Pacheco rush for three yards.
- Week 12 vs. Rams: Isiah Pacheco rush for nine yards.
- Week 14 vs. Broncos: Patrick Mahomes pass to JuJu Smith-Schuster for 12 yards.
- Week 16 vs. Seahawks: Patrick Mahomes pass to Noah Gray for eight yards.
- Week 18 vs. Raiders: Isiah Pacheco rush for five yards.
The Chiefs were tasked with the opening kickoff for both postseason games. For the nine opening plays during the season, the team went with a rushing play six out of nine times.
Eagles’ first play from scrimmage results, 2022-23
Including the postseason, the Eagles have taken the game’s first snap six times this year. Here are the results of each play.
- Week 2 vs. Vikings: Jalen Hurts pass to DeVonta Smith for five yards.
- Week 12 vs. Packers: Jalen Hurts pass to DeVonta Smith goes incomplete.
- Week 13 vs. Titans: Miles Sanders rush for five yards.
- Week 16 vs. Cowboys: Miles Sanders rush for seven yards.
- Divisional round vs. Giants: Miles Sanders rush for two yards.
- Conference championship vs. 49ers: Jalen Hurts pass to A.J. Brown for six yards.
When Philadelphia has handled the opening snap, the choice has been an even split. Hurts has attempted a pass three times, and it was a Sanders rush for the other three attempts.
Popular prop bets
Super Bowl first play from scrimmage history
Once possession has been decided following the opening kickoff, bets on the first play from scrimmage will quickly have an answer. For additional insight on what might happen once the Chiefs or the Eagles get the ball, let’s take a look back at the last decade of opening plays.
- Super Bowl LVI: Rush
- Super Bowl LV: Pass
- Super Bowl LIV: Rush
- Super Bowl LIII: Rush
- Super Bowl LII: Pass
- Super Bowl LI: Pass
- Super Bowl 50: Pass
- Super Bowl XLIX: Pass
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Errant snap
- Super Bowl XLVII: Rush
The tally is five pass plays, four rushes and a wayward snap that led to a safety for the Seahawks against the Broncos. The Chiefs handled the opening play at Super Bowl LIV and went with a rush. At Super Bowl LII, the Eagles had the first play from scrimmage and decided to pass.